STEERING STABILIZER

pugg3970

JUST LOOKING FOR SOME OPINIONS IN REGARDS TO INSTALLING A STEERING STABILIZER ON MY 2008 WINNEBAGO ACCESS.I WAS WONDERING IF IT WOULD PROVIDE A MORE STIFFER STEERING WHEEL WHEN IM ON THE ROAD OR IF ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY....I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL INPUT.

G

RE: STEERING STABILIZER

It should have come with one form the factory ,, what type of probs are u having with u'r steering ???? IMO u could install a new Bilstien steering dampner ,, but till we find out what kinda probs u have with it ,, we can't really give u a good answer ;) :) :approve: :approve:
Bty welcome to the forum :) :) :)

jessed

Re: STEERING STABILIZER

I'm new to the forum and just read your question.....were you able to find anything out about this issue...?

C Nash

i have steer safe on my 33 ft HR gasser and it reall helps hold straight ahead and no wander and fighting the steering if that is along the line you are searching.

H2H1

Nash is that the factory name of your unit. I have been thinking about getting one for my MH

C Nash

Well I think it is Hollis but I will ck to make sure. You know how I tend to forget.

ICam08

I have a 2008 Itasca Cambria and I seem to have a steering problem also. I took it into Ford and they told me that the steering was within spec., no problem. I still get a sloppy steering problem. So I would also be interested in finding out if there is something that would help make my steering a little tighter.

Thanks, Ron

C Nash

Ron lots of things you should ck first such as tire pressure and weight of vehicle. Ck weight at each wheel if possible. Don't forget to ck bushing on rear stabilizer. I really like the steer safe system stabilizer. It does cause spring squeeking when turning at slow or stopped speed.

ICam08

Thanks C. Nash. It was new when I bough the RV. Ford checked steering and said it was within spec. Before I drive it out of the driveway I check the air pressure of the tires (they are right on mfg. spec. for RV and tires). The RV is not over weight and very close to balance. I still get a sloppy steering. It is almost like the steering does not catch until you move the steering wheel a small amount. That is why I though that maybe the "Steer Safe" or something else would help correct this problem.

Thanks again for you input,

Ron in Florida

ICam08

I have been told that I need to have my shocks replaced with Bilstien shocks and that would make a big difference and probable fix my problem. Does anyone know about these and where I can buy them other than online?

Thanks, Ron

LEN

I put the Safe T Plus on mine and it does the trick. No difference in steering but stability is the word. The MH didn't drive bad but now its a lot better and the wind doesn't bother as much. Not paying attention and look left and an 18 wheeler is looking back. Nothing is going to kill all wonder or wind blow but this sure helps.

ICam08 Jack the front end up and check for a sticky tie rod end,kingpins or drag link, had one once that you would turn and jump one direction then the other.

LEN

ICam08

I just had the Bilstein shocks installed on my RV. They did make a difference in the ride stability. Semi's don't blow me off the road now and the ride is more comfortable. I still have a little steering problem (sloppy) so I guess my next thing will be the "Steer Safe" or "Safe-T-Plus" to correct that problem. The shop checked the front end and said it is in spec.

Better in Florida, Ron