Steering Stabilizers

kitfoxjh

I know that this subject has come up before but; anyone with experience with Steer Safe and Safe-T-Plus. I would like to here some Pros and cons on these two. I am going to install one of them and would like to find out why one is better than the other. I have a 2004 Ford E-450 Superduty with the V-10. I've only got several thousand miles on it , but had to drive it every mile. Any and all opinions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gary B

Steering Stabilizers

Hi John, I had a Class A MH on the Chev P-30 chassis that had steer safe installed, while I think that the steer safe is a good idea and would be a big help in the event of tire failure, it did nothing for the overall handling of the mh, and I would think that would be the same for safe-T-Plus. Maybe the Davis ture Track bar would be a better add on, are you having wandering problems, or just what is it your not happy with? :) :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

kitfoxjh

Steering Stabilizers

Gary, It just seems as though it wants to wander and you have to be constantly steering or correcting which gets tireing after a short period of time. I've read some testamonials about the Steer Safe which said that wandering was corrected. Also in the event of a tire blowout that it kept things tracking straight. I've also heard of the Davis true Track, but haven't checked it out. It may also be that it needs a front end alighment, but I would also feel more secure with the blowout protection.

Gary B

Steering Stabilizers

Hi John, I think that steer safe will definetly give you blowout protection and may well be worth it for that. I have no personal experience with the Davis track bar, but it is suppose to help or do awy with wander problems, as you say maybe a front end alingment and a check of the shocks will help. I know what you mean about it getting tring when you have to constantly hang on. :) ;) :approve: