Step doesn't work

Triple E

Re: Step doesn't work

I disagree on what you are saying about WD-40. It works great on a fishing hook. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

QUOTE] Ken, A sincere question. What do you mean by "lube them properly"? To me, wd-40 would be proper... :blush: Use something other than wd-40? Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Ken, the trouble with WD-40 is that it does not dry. Therefore it will collect dirt and cause you more problems. Never, never use WD-40 on electrical parts.

Like mentions above, use a spray on dry lubricant with silicon or the wax, which probably has silicon in it. :approve:

Like hollis mention. WD-40 is ok for, example,breaking loose a nut from a bolt but clean the bolt, apply a dry lubricant and then replace the nut.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Triple E,
Sorry but again the WD means Water Dispersing. It is the 40th formula that the inventor tried. It is actually good to use with elec. items as it disperses water.

Now, I would not spray it into a "HOT" fixture but it is good at getting rid of the water.

H2H1

I have used it to disperse water in an old distributor cap on one my older cars. I was mud/water riding and splashed water up on the motor and it drowned out the motor. I put WD 40 in the cap , wiped it out and I was on my way again. Steve since I don't fish I would not that it is good for fishing. Does the fish like the smell or the taste :laugh: :laugh: ;) :approve:

G

i use slideout lube on my steps ,, and of course the hammer when they don't want to move ,, but it has been a long time since they didn't move ,, prolly should have not said that ,, i prolly just jinxed myself :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

not too big though ,, it tends to dent the steps ,, and then they are heck to go in and out :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

Grandview Trailer Sa - 3/11/2011 11:52 AM Triple E, Sorry but again the WD means Water Dispersing. It is the 40th formula that the inventor tried. It is actually good to use with elec. items as it disperses water. Now, I would not spray it into a "HOT" fixture but it is good at getting rid of the water.

No Ken I amnot wrong. You will not find an electrical or instrumentation shop using WD-40, period. If you want to use a "water dispersing" use CRC. I have never disagreedwith youbefore but on this one I must, :)

My first day on the job in the power plant I was told that WD stood for "What Dummie". ;)

Triple E

"The long-term active ingredient is a non-volatile, viscous oil which remains on the surface, providing lubrication and protection from moisture. This is diluted with a volatile hydrocarbon to give a low viscosity fluid which can be sprayed and thus penetrate crevices. The volatile hydrocarbon then evaporates, leaving the oil behind."

Oil is conductive, flammable and collects dirt. No not use on electrical components. I am not saying that it does not disperse water I am saying do not use on electrical components.

Hollis, don't know why it works good for fishing. But the worms do float better. :laugh: :laugh: