stinky problem

H2H1

To the experts out there, I have a small problem that I think it might get worst. So here my problem: my commode some time backs up, wefill the bowl with water before each use and give it a good flushing, plus we let the water run awhile, but it still backs up after awhile. I get out the old hose and put in the bowl and flush it until the blockage is gone. The next day or two we run into the same thing. So is there something that we are doing wrong,or am I looking into a stinky repair situation . If so Rod you want it to repair?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Just kidding Rod. any suggestion on what my problem might be?

DL Rupper

Re: stinky problem

Hey Hollis, maybe you are eating to much fiber. Just kidding. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Seriously, are you putting a few gallons (5/6) of water in the bottom of the holding tank before you use it?

elkhartjim

Hey Hollis...I fill the bowl 5 or 6 times which may be over kill but I don't want your problem. Are you using single ply tp?

H2H1

Hey Jim we do fill it up before use it and AFTER flushing it we let the water run to further clean it. Also we do use the single ply nothing else.

DL what do it matter if there is 5/6 water in the holding tank :( ? We don't leave the knife valve in the open position. we keep it closed until the tanks is about 3/4 full then we empty it and then flush it with the gray water. this passed trip I hook up the extra hose and flushed the black tank before I closed the valve.

elkhartjim

What I meant was I fill the toilet bowl 5/6 times after I've drained and closed the black tank valve. It gives plenty of liquid so the other "stuff" doesn't "pyramid". I don't use any chemicals either, not that that would have anything to do with your problem.

H2H1

Jim now I understand what you was saying. I back flush the tank each time I empty the tank. I can't imagine a pyramid effect taking place and I was under the impression that with all that water going down at one time would flow all waste down to the holding tank and the extra flushing water just cleans the pipes that dumps into the tank.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Hollis, Put about 15 gallons of water in your tank, then put a bag of ice in it. Drive around some and flush that out. Bet you find it won't be clear. We find a lot of "pyramids" in tanks that people swear they get it clean. The ice will break it up and clean it out.

G

Hollis ,, can u see down thru u'r toilet ???? i can on mine ,, i see right to the bottom of the tank ,,,, but i would do as ken say's ,, see if the ice don't break it up ,,, but don't put the bag and all in there ,, just the ice ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

LEN

Now thats a new thing to compete in-----------------Who's got the biggest turd pyramid before breakup in the spring. LOL

LEN

H2H1

Rod I have what looks like a 45 degree offset in the piping heading to the tank. I was able with a bright like see some blockage of paper and I was able to clean that out of the pipe. This Sat morning I am going to do the ice trick that Ken has suggested and see it that helps. I will post back my results. Thanks everyone for the help.

DL Rupper

Hey Hollis, you need about 5 or 6 gallons of water in the bottom of the holding tank before you ever use it. That stops the the stinky stuff from starting a pyramid by sticking to the bottom of the tank. :dead:

H2H1

YES I know that now DL and will be sure that takes place on out future trips. Also thanks for the info very helpful

utmtman

I had a HR trailer that would plug up nine times out of ten uses. The line did not drop strait to the tank like my motor home does. It bent 45 than down and I swear back another 45. I had to buy a small wire snake one of the flat straight wire types to help me clean it out and HR dealer told me that was normal.
Good luck to you hollis, I hope you can get it worked out.

DL Rupper

I just found a new stinky problem. The RV park we found was really a great bargain. It was GS for sat/sun ($28/night) and then we got Passport America for 4 days ($14/night). It even has free cable and wifi. Great. Except there are lots of sewer line vents sticking up in the air (about 10 to 12 feet). Well the methane fumes keep blowing in the RV from the vents. It's too hot, about 75 degrees, to close the windows and not really hot enough to turn on the air condition. Woe is me. :eek:

H2H1

DL where was that park? I SURELY WOULD NOT LIKE TO STAY THERE. :dead: :dead:

elkhartjim

DL...old Texas country boy trick....move up wind.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile_big.gif

DL Rupper

Well the smell went away later yesterday. Hope it stays away as we will be here 5 more days. Those sewer vent pipes lead me to believe it will be back before I leave here.