stove question

txboatnut

First let me say thanks to everyone who answered my door question. So here is my next question. I can not the propane oven to light. I can get the stove part to light, and the water heater to light. I can get the pilot light to light but not the broiler part. I took the tube off and made sure there were not spider webs or anything. Could it be a problem of air in the line? I would not think so since the pilot light seems to work. It seems like it is close to the tube so any other ideas?

Gary B

stove question

Hi, how long did you let the pilot light run to try lighting the burner, generally after lighting the pilot light and then turning up the temp control knob the pilot light will power up(burn higher hotter)it will do this for maybe 30 sec to a min. before the burner will light.
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

Kirk

stove question

It does not sound like an air problem. What make of stove is it? Ours operates like Gary's and it is a Wedgwood.

Kirk

stove question

It does not sound like an air problem. What make of stove is it? Ours operates like Gary's and it is a Wedgwood.

txboatnut

stove question

Gary,
after I lit the pilot I turned the knob to 450 and left it there for about 10 min.

Kirk,
think it is a wedgewood. Not sure I will post up when I get there tonight.

thanks for the help guys.

sp

stove question

How old it the oven? Do you have a picture of what it looks like, the broiler and pilot? If you do, send it to my email. Does the smell of propane get stronger when you turn the knob higher?

I'm thinking...

Kirk

stove question

When you turn up the temperature setting, does the pilot flame get larger? If it doesn't then the pilot control is quite possibly the problem. If the flame of the pilot does increase but the oven does not light, it probably is not detecting the heat from the flame and is then the burner control.

One word of caution however. Propane can be a safety hazard so use great care when working on the oven and be sure to leak test with a soapy water mix once you reassemble it.

s.harrington

stove question

Things to check:
1. Does pilot flame get larger when oven knob is turned on?
If yes go to #2
If no Oven T-stat inop. Replace
2. On oven pilot assembly does high pilot reach safety valve sensor (bulb on end
of copper tube)
if yes go to #3
if no adjust pilot assembly so tha heat gets to sensor
3. Replace safety valve