Stove Top Cleaner

utmtman

We have one of them fancy black top stoves in our motor home and its hard to keep clean as is the mirrors behind the stove. I was hoping someone had a suggestion for cleaning that.

Thanks Lee

C Nash

Re: Stove Top Cleaner

Lee, i use awesome which can be found at dollar stores. I clean with it and then polish with a good auto polish. Has worked for me so far. Mine is the black metal. probably need to try on a small spot before going all th way.

Bounder Boy

I do believe my wife has the altimate cleaner. We just bought a used MH and the stove was FILTHY. Grease and burned on food. MR. Clean magic eraser ! Worked wonders !!!!!!!!!!!

C Nash

Lee, do you have the smooth glass top? If so Lowes has special cleaners for this type.

G

damn nash beat me too it ,, Lee ,, we have one of those in the house ,, and they make a polish or my favorite is the wipes ,, but i have found that if u wash it first with hot water ,, then dry it ,, then use the polish or wipes ,, turns out alot better ,, IMO ,, btw i use car wax on all my counters and faucets in my MH ,, keeps them looking shiny ,, plus helps to repel water spots and anything spilled ,, clean up is a breaze ,, and they always look new ,, as do i use furnature polish on all the cabinets ,, kinda pain but they shine ,, and easy to maintain ,, ;) :) :)

Ryan41

730 - 8/23/2010 4:21 PM

damn nash beat me too it ,, Lee ,, we have one of those in the house ,, and they make a polish or my favorite is the wipes ,, but i have found that if u wash it first with hot water ,, then dry it ,, then use the polish or wipes ,, turns out alot better ,, IMO ,, btw i use car wax on all my counters and faucets in my MH ,, keeps them looking shiny ,, plus helps to repel water spots and anything spilled ,, clean up is a breaze ,, and they always look new ,, as do i use furnature polish on all the cabinets ,, kinda pain but they shine ,, and easy to maintain ,, ;) :) :)

car wax is a brilliant idea, what a great tip, thanks 730
:laugh:

vanole

Lee,

Glad to see you back around.

For the counters I use a product called Gel Gloss good on marble, corian, stainless even your alco rims, you name it.

You might want to try Dawn Power Dissolver or Bar Keepers Friend on the stove top.

V/R
Jeff

utmtman

Dang I post to this the other day but come in today and that post is gone. Weird. LOL Probably me.
First off thank you all for the info, I have copied it and forwarded the info to my wife to decide which she wishes to use.

Yes it is the smooth glass top stove.

Van, been in hospitals, had a hip replacement, than got bloodclots in lungs, and have just plain been in no mood to do much but feel sorry myself.
I am feeling better now and have a whole lot less pain, and I am getting around better now, so here I is.

vanole

Lee,

Sorry to hear that concerning your health. Really glad though you are on the mend. Where are you going to spend the winter? West, East, South I know the North is OUT!!!!

Jeff

C Nash

Great to hear that you are on the mend Lee. Take care and keep us posted.

utmtman

Vanole, unfortunately I now am on blood thinners and have swollen lymph nodes on my esophagus. Doctor has to do blood draws every ten days on the blood thinners, until it finds a level blood count and also have to get another CT Scan in Dec for the lymph nodes. So unfortunately I am stuck in Utah until sometime in Dec. We thought about going south to Az until Dec and I would drive back to get the scan done. But..... decided we would winter here cuz "if" they have to do a biopsy after the scan "if" the nodes are still swollen, they may find its cancer or something else and I would be stuck here until that was repaired.
Its a real bummer, if and when I get out of here again I may just stay gone from this state for as long as possible. :)

H2H1

dang Lee, sorry to hear about your problems. I hope and pray it is not cancerous and you and Fran can come to the south, like GA or FL.. I know I have missed you on the forum. So keep up your faith and think positive 24/7. Keep us posted as u go thru this set back

vanole

Lee,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Been off the grid up in Western Pa for a few days. I'm praying for you my Army friend. As Hollis said keep positive and as active as possible. I to miss your posts and wealth of knowledge you freely pass along. God bless you and Fran.

Very Respectfully,
Jeff