Suggestions Anyone?

Old Forum Post

[Webmaster] Hi! Thanks for visiting the new RVUSA Forum and BBS! Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of negativity about the new forum. What problems are bothering you the most? What can we do to remedy them? Positive criticism is what we are looking for.

We are here to serve you. Please feel free to let us know any improvements that you think would make this site better.

Once again thank you for taking the time to visit RVUSA!

- RVUSA

(Note: The font face and size have been updated. Hopefully this will improve the overall feel of the forum and make it a little more eye pleasing.)

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[miket] I don&#039t see anyone using this, am I doing something wrong? This place seems dead, nothing going on.

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Paul Brannan] PLEASE, change the colors, I find it hard to read through the blue, and the red and yellow are bad too.

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[cinnister] Where do you see red and yellow? What browser are you using? Can you do a print screen and email it to webmaster@rvusa.com, so that we can see what you are talking about. Thanks for your input.
Webmaster

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Richard] Transfer the old forum over, don&#039t delete it, there&#039s alot of great info there from the past that is informitive.

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[btru1luv] is this the new BB. It does&#039t seem to have much activity. I&#039ve gained alot of knowledge abt RV&#039g from this BB . I hope it keeps on. Activity is the key. maybe a little education ("how to use") type postings, bulletins, etc that are printable??

Bob T

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Carolyn K] I am new to this forum. Am I missing something? If I want to follow a thread do I have to keep clicking on each individual response? It seems to me it would be easier if all responses in that thread were displayed automatically. Is there some way to do that???

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Webmaster] The red "blinky" things (to use your words) are indicating that new posts have been made to this thread. It just helps you from having to search everytime if a new post has been made.

Thanks!
- RVUSA

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Webmaster] Hi! For now there is no way to display all of the actual messages for one thread at one time. If you click on the &#039+&#039 to the left of a main thread header, the thread will drop down and show all of the thread message subjects. From there you may click on a subject to read a message. And again a new message will have a red flashing arrow next to it.

Hope this helps!
- RVUSA

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[fugeelama] Transferring the old forum sounds really time consuming. Why don&#039t we just get this one going? Being in charge of a bulletin board myself, i think that we should be nice and get the posts going on this one...

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[TeamNix] This is not very user friendly. Not being able to see all the responses without clicking on the posting makes it look like there are none. All the little flashing lights are annoying.
What was wrong with the old board?

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[gdauth] When you read a post, the system takes you back to the top of the list, when you are finished you have to scroll down the list until to find the next post in the thread. This will become a real pain once the list of posts gets long. Can&#039t you put the text of the post in a window that the reader can close when they are finished reading, and leave the list of posts postioned where it was?

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[paul brannan] I don&#039t want to change my resolution each time I use this BB, the trouble I am having is the dark blue covering the little pluses and minuses, I guess I am getting old, but I can&#039t see them very good!! How can this be corrected?? Paul

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Carolyn K] It would be so much easier if the response titles were listed automatically when we click on a subject. I have visited several forums that do it that way. It sure is easier than having to to back to the main menu, scroll down and click on the next item.

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Dick] Mr. Webmaster, I&#039m having a bit of trouble with the new format. Also you indicated in one of your responses about following the thread, that all you had to do was click on the "+" to the left of the main thread. I have not seen a "+" yet on my screen. I&#039ll keep looking. Gee, I liked the old BB much better. I realize you all have gone to a lot of troulbe and many hours of hard work to design this new format, but I&#039m from the old school which followed the old "KISS" rule. Anyway I vote for the way it was.

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Webmaster] Hi Dick! Due to the request of the people to have all responses shown at once, the used of the &#039+&#039 is no longer of any concern. The &#039+&#039 originally opened the thread and allowed for viewing of all responses. In my opinion the new board is very similar to the old, it just has an &#039updated feel&#039. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve please feel free to tell us! We are hear to serve you.

Thanks,
- RVUSA

Old Forum Post

Suggestions Anyone?

[Jim Kriz] Once I read a posting, I would like to scroll down thru the replies as we could on the old version without having to go back to the main listing. As more messages are posted, it&#039s going to become really annoying to have to return to the main messages to find each response.
Or, am I missing something in the reading of postings?
You can reply to JimK57@juno.com if you prefer.