Suggestions for cooktops

Jscott285

I came across a few reviews that gave me some information on cooktops. I would love to hear from someone who might have used the Flame King two burner cooktop stove featured here. Thanks!

https://campingmoz.com/best-rv-stove/

Any thoughts are truly welcome! I need to purchase this soon.

david_north

We do not like to cook inside the van, we found that odors and the inevitable smoke and splatters really make a mess. We carry a Coleman two burner propane stove and a portable Pit Boss grill for all our cooking, we also do have a small microwave in the van for reheating leftovers or pre cooked food.

upd: just a small update, still learning on my Pit Boss but find the grate temps to vary quite a bit throughout the smoker. As it requires moving or rotating the meat periodically. And it turns out that humidity is a real problem. Should swap it for a propane later.

Last edited:

BettyAshley

It may be difficult to find a good small stove for your tiny space. Most of the available options are created for the marine industry, and many cost a pretty penny. But with a little research, you will find several RV stove options to make cooking a breeze while on the road. Here are five options for cooking on the road.

RVhome

Duxtop is my first induction cooktop. This one is sufficient for all cooking needs. It has a great timer feature, which you can set to heat only for a few minutes. We have had the cheaper brands and quite honestly we were happy with them. Very sturdy and extremely nice to use.