Sunset Creek Slideout

C Nash

Archer use the same procedure as on relay. Red vom prob to one leg of switch and black to a good ground.

ARCHER

Chelse, found the motor and can get to it to check it. Appears that there is only 2 wires going to it and it does not appear to be rusted. If I put VOM probes at the motor wire connections, and have Linda push the in/out toggle switch inside, should I get a reading of approx. 12 volts? If I do, I might tap on motor to see if it might be stuck. I guess if it still does not work, guess the motor is fried. If no power at motor connections, does that mean that power is not getting to the motor (I know, dumb question)? If there is no power, should I replace the toggle switch (pretty cheap I think)? If that does not work, I am at a loss. Maybe I should check and sand/file all ground connections to the frame also. If all of that does not solve the problem, I will just try and bring it in manually before we leave. Maybe I need extensive counseling for brain bubbles.

ARCHER

Just tried to check the toggle switch inside. used VOM red lead on red connection for in toggle (while Linda held toggle in and black VOM lead to ground by door. Got a reading of 8.8 volts. Good or Bad? Should it be 12 volts?

ARCHER

Well, talk about feeling absolutely stupid. Got to the motor like I said. cut the red connection and tried to connect the VOM lead and ground it with Linda pushing the toggle and got no reading. Did tap on side of motor a few times while under the trailer and decided to wait until you responded. Low and behold, came inside, pushed the toggle switch and slide started to come in, so stopped and put it back out (only moved a couple inches), but motor sounded strong. Must have been an issue inside the motor like you originally said to tap on it. At this point, I am not going to try and bring it all the way in. Will wait until the day I leave and then see if it will come in. If not, will crank it in. Sorry for all the confusion. Your still great as an advisor and FRIEND.

C Nash

Well, talk about feeling absolutely stupid. Got to the motor like I said. cut the red connection and tried to connect the VOM lead and ground it with Linda pushing the toggle and got no reading. Did tap on side of motor a few times while under the trailer and decided to wait until you responded. Low and behold, came inside, pushed the toggle switch and slide started to come in, so stopped and put it back out (only moved a couple inches), but motor sounded strong. Must have been an issue inside the motor like you originally said to tap on it. At this point, I am not going to try and bring it all the way in. Will wait until the day I leave and then see if it will come in. If not, will crank it in. Sorry for all the confusion. Your still great as an advisor and FRIEND.

Never feel stupid Archer. Sorry but our computer went out and had to buy a new one. Glad you got it fixed. Not unusual for motors to do that after sitting. Now you know how to get to motor so you are doing great. A light tap on a motor is a mechanics best fix LOL. Hey, I have been a camper for just about half a century well guess I have since we started in 60s LOL. Last camping trip I had no electricity when hooked up. Have the energy management system so suspected the worse. Took the power 50 amp male end off and it was ok. Took cover of switch over system and it was ok. Went inside and checked power to main supply ok so dang what to do. Started checking all fuse and no volts to bathroom and like a hammer it hit me. Went in the bathroom pushed the Gfi and bingo power so never should you feel stupid It happens LOL

ARCHER

Yup, glad it is at least working right now. Hope it still does in 5 weeks. Also, glad it was just a tap on the motor (and also replacement of the 30 amp breaker, cause it was totally rusted). Had checked with RV repair shop down this way and got a note fro them that if the motor was bad it would be around $700-$900 including actuator to replace. For that price, I would have manually cranked it. Take care of yourself.

C Nash

I had to replace one of my slide motors and that was the price but thank goodness I have a friend that has rv repair and he got me one for 300. On line is best place to get parts