Surge protector

cchas77

do I need to get a surge protector of so what kind..do I need the 30 amp or 50 amp...jayco 26 ft travel trailer

C Nash

If you have 50 amp service cord you need a 50 amp. The jayco probably is 30 amp and if so get the 30. Just do a google search on surge proctectors for rvs and do the research

cchas77

Yes I just figured out its 30. I've been researching just trying to figure out what brand and what price so many to choose from.... Thank you

tdst51

Yes I just figured out its 30. I've been researching just trying to figure out what brand and what price so many to choose from.... Thank you
Progressive Industries. The best there is and the best customer service. Above and beyond all the others.

krsmitty

You may also want to consider a Hughes Autoformer. It is a basic surge protector, but it is also a power booster. It will boost the AC voltage up to 10% when needed.

terryna

cchas, might want to read the reviews here. http://www.amazon.com/30-AMP-Portable-Surge-Protector/product-reviews/B001RPSNYC. Progressive industries seems to be a popular unit with campers. they offer a hard wired unit or one that just plugs at shore power.
Nice
o.png

Cavie

You may also want to consider a Hughes Autoformer. It is a basic surge protector, but it is also a power booster. It will boost the AC voltage up to 10% when needed.
It's an Autoformer that boost voltage that happen to include surge protection. It's primary job is to boost low voltage. It is good to use in front of an EMS that also includes surge protection. EMS is a 3rd piece of equipment that is often misnamed a surge protector.

Surge Protector, EMS, Autoformer. 3 different pieces of equipment that do 3 different things.