SUV with Fridge rental

Snow

Hi everybody,

I'm from Austria and want to go to the states in July.

Does anybody know were I can rent a SUV with camping things like refrigerator :cool: ?

thanx
Markus

hertig

SUV with Fridge rental

You are aware that the 'states' are hot or humid or both in July, right? Do you have any preferance for which state(s)? The higher the elevation, generally the more pleasant it is in the summer time. I recall that Colorado and Northern (Flagstaff/White Mountain area) Arizona weren't too bad.

Are you talking about tent camping? If so, a car rental agency may be your best bet. For motorhome camping, there are companies which rent RVs; some RV dealers rent out used units. How long a trip are you planning?

If you are primarily interested in going places, and the camping is a secondary interest, then a Class B (van camper) may be your best choice.

Snow

SUV with Fridge rental

Basically, I want to go on a tenting trip.
We don't know were we want to go, yet. Maybe Arizona maybe British Columbia :laugh:
Do you know any specific dealers which rent those kind of cars?
Greetz markus

Gary B

SUV with Fridge rental

Hi Markus, sounds like what you may be looking at what we call a Class B motorhome/camping van. I cann't really help you as to where to go to rent one, as this will depend on where you enter the USA, but most larger cities have rv rental units available. I don't know if you realize this or not, but Arizona is approx. 2500 miles from say New York City(4000 Kilometers) and Britsh Columbia is approx 1400 miles from Az. (2240 K's). Tent camping will be no problems there are many city, state, and private campgrounds all accross the country. Hope this helps and Happy Holidays. :) :bleh: :approve:

hertig

SUV with Fridge rental

Northern Arizona (Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, White Mountains) should be fairly pleasant in July. Bring earplugs, as every train in North America pulls through there in order to blow their horn at 3 am :) Southern Arizona (Phoenix, Tucson) will probably be near 110 degrees Farenheit and possibly humid. Mount Lemmon (just north of Tucson) should be rather pleasant, if you can get a campsite.

For some places which rent SUVs and vans, see the following site:
http://www.rentalcars.com/Untitled/Moving_Trucks___Rental_Cars/moving_trucks___rental_cars.htm#ski

These will not have a fridge; you can buy or bring an electric cooler or ice chest. Will you be bringing your own camping gear?

sharonh67

SUV with Fridge rental

Hi Markus! Not that this has anything to do with what you are looking for, but I was in Austria (Seefeldt) in September, and loved it so much I'm going back again next year. Had a really awesome driver while we were there, took very good care of us!

Shay