sway on 2000 allegro bay

cottonland

we love our allegro bay and cant say enough about the wonderful times we have had in it. buttttttt there are some roads on which it will get to swaying back and forth and will dang near throw you out of the drivers seat........i only have 24000 miles on it, and maybe i do want a new one, but if i keep it...any suggestions on how to get rid of the sway???

C Nash

Re: sway on 2000 allegro bay

which chassis do you have? Have you checked the weight on all four? Might be time for new shocks. check your sway bar bushings. Have you always had this problem? Need more info.

cottonland

have the ford v-10.... shocks? seem logical, will weigh the tires and sway bar bushings. am currently living in it and will try to get it into shop in next few days......yes, i have always had this problem. i remember the first time across I-10 going to houston, texas i thought i was coming out the chair......

C Nash

I have the same and replaced the orignal shocks with monroe and they are much better IMO. I also have steer safe added to our MH and really like it. I never really had any sway problem but added the steer safe for safety. What length is your MH? I would try to get a weight on all four coners before spending dollars hunting a cure. If you cannot get a four wheel weigh at least get a front and rear. Most truck stops have weigh stations. Is this your frist MH? Some sway is normal but, nearly getting throwed out of the seat is not :eek:

TexasClodhopper

Mike, if you went to Houston through Louisiana on I-10 then you probably started out with good shocks, but wore 'em out on that highway! ;) :laugh:

We recently had this discussion and someone suggested an aftermarket sway-bar kit that literally stops the sway with beefed up swaybars. I can't exactly remember which company it was now.

I'm thinking ' Roadmaster '.

s.harrington

Assing air bags might also help. My Chev chassis has them and it really cuts down on the sway when I load them to 80 PSI.

TexasClodhopper

Would those kind of "air" bags be found in the "rear", Steve? :eek:

I have those, too. My Class C doesn't have the much sway, but 80 psi does make a difference. It also makes the ride a lot stiffer.

G

Damn tex is u'r butt that lumpy ,, but do u really need air bags ,, and set at 80 psi :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :8ball:
Jk i have airride on my coach also ,, fornt and rear and also on the tags ,, i run my tags @ 30lbs ,, but when i get a good cross wind ,, then the air goes in ,, until the coach does not sway anymore , due to crosswinds ;) :)

C Nash

NOW NOW 730 better watch that language :eek: DL done got slaped for that :laugh:

G

sorry :disapprove: :disapprove:
I'll go to my corner now and twirl my hair and suck my thumb :laugh: :laugh:
Never mind the post to Tex ,, was thinking of another post and put it here ,, duh typed before i thought and looked ,, so sorry :( :( :disapprove: :disapprove:

C Nash

Rod, you know we got to watch what we type now that we are talking to much. Have to watch how we express our opinions :eek: :laugh: :evil:

G

yea i know,,, but i really didn't mean the bu-- thingy about tex ,, i was typing about another post and did not think and put it on here ,, i did want to type the stuff about airbags ,, but after i looked at the post agian ,, i couldn't believe i typed that ,, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I didn't mean it for tex it was for another post on another forum ,, not here ,, they were typing about the largest pigs that have been BBQed ,, by the way :laugh: i was typing on my lap top at the same time and i guess i got the 2 mixed up ,,, So to TEX sorry :disapprove: I hope that u won't take it wrong :shy: Bty from now on,, one puter one forum :approve: :approve:
I bet Tex is gonna be mad now :( :disapprove:

G

ok ,, i am really sorry about that post ,,, didn't mean it at all ,,, so i am using one puter tonight and watching very carefully what i type :approve: :approve:

G

Hey Nash ,, does that steer safe work ?? ,, been thinking about putting it on my MH ,, as u ,, just for safety .. i was just wondering ,,, :)

C Nash

Really does help I think Rod. Don't know about on your DP but I really like it for the safety factor. Never had a blowout so can't respond as to how it would help there and hope I never can. Does help when you run off the edge or uneven lanes and no wandering at all but as I said in another post I never had a problem with handling.