Taking you DP to Mexico

DARLING

WE have freinds that go to Acapulco, Mexico 2-3 times a yr with their 5er.

They say it is no big deal rving in Mexico, All you have to do is make sure your insurance has the rider for Mexico.

Has anyone taked their DP to Mexico :question:

It is a big investment to lose down there.

Darlin :cool:

elkhartjim

Re: Taking you DP to Mexico

Hey Darlin...we've thought about the Copper Canyon trip till we heard som have been stopped because the bandidos keep stopping and robing the train. ie rv's

utmtman

I read a news article a while back that said an rver what shot thru his rv door because he would not open it to the bandidos.

elkhartjim

RE: Taking you DP to Mexico

Makes me want to get a rally together and hurry right on down there.
icon_smile_big.gif

vanole

Have been twice with two different M/H's. Not a big deal. Would recommend if you go to ensure you have adequate insurance on your RV and Toad and papers for any pets you take across. Would also check to ensure you have all proper papers required to get back in to the US. Take extra fuel filters. Talk to whom ever your have ERS with and see if they cover you outside of the US. Have to admit did not go to any out of the way places in the M/H however in the toad we did get off the beaten path.

Actually felt safer running around Mexico than I did when on active duty (course without a M/H) when driving around PR from Rosy Rds to San Juan.

V/R
Jeff

DARLING

Jim
You lead the rally & Jeff can bring up the rear & I will be somewhere in the middle. :laugh:

DARLING

Absolutly. If the banditos try & sneak up on us Jeff will have us covered :laugh:

vanole

Yeah I got you all covered. Actually I think it was Darling in the original post I responded to another thing I failed to mention why it might not have been so daunting for us to go south is my wife is hispanic (not Mexican but Colombian) so she might have been my ticket. Really though if you are going to a major tourist destination it should not be a problem. You can get your coach a rub and scrub to include detailing very cheap while down their.

V/R
Jeff