Tank Capacity

MFreeman

Im looking to buy a Holiday Rambler Savoy 31BHD. This will be our first. In the brochure the tank capacity for gray and black water shows 30/30. I'm not sure what this means. Is there two thirty gallon tanks or only one. If there is only one thirty gallon tank I would think that would be small. Thanks for your help and look foward to joing the RV world. :)

DL Rupper

Re: Tank Capacity

Hey MFreeman, welcome to the forum. It means there 2 thirty gallon tanks. 1 for potty water (black) and 1 for shower/sink water (gray). However, 60 gallons total isn't very much capacity. For instance my HitchHiker has a 37 gal black water tank and 2 gray water tanks ( 27 gal front kitchen, 37 gal shower/sink). We still fill up fairly fast when dry camping.

hertig

Yes, that does seem small. My ultralight 24.5 foot fifth wheel had 40/40. 40 gallons (actually usually 37 gallons) seems to be the 'standard' size for smaller trailers, and it is what is assumed by most toilet chemicals.

MFreeman

Thanks for your help. The brochure shows separate listing for gray tank as a 30/30 and the black tank as a 30/30. Is it possible there are four tanks on the unit? We put a deposit on this trailer yesterday (should have checked this out before deposit) but if its only a 60 gallon total I would be willing to loose my deposit for another unit.
Thanks

DL Rupper

Does the Holiday Rambler have 1 bathroom? If it only has 1 bathroom, I can't figure out the black tank being a 30/30. Usually the black and gray tanks are separate from each other, so not sure what gives on the HR trailer.

MFreeman

It has one full bath and one half bath. Maybe this is where i'm confused. Does each bath normally have it's own set of tanks?

Thanks

utmtman

YEs they each have their own tank. My HR has two grey and two black one for the back bathroom and one for the front bathroom and kitchen.

DL Rupper

There you go MFreeman. We both learned something. :laugh: You will have quite a bit of tank capacity.

hertig

Lee, do you have to use them equally, or is there an automatic 'balancing' between the 2 sets of tanks? When you dump, do you dump each tank separately, or each pair together?