Tankless Hot Water Heaters

Umbra

We have a 2003 Vista Cruiser with an Instant-Flow Tankless Hot water heater. We use it year round. The water heater increases tank water temperature by 24 degrees—not warm enough in the cold months. I am considering replacing this 2400 watt\15amp breaker heater with a 3600 watt/30 amp heater to increase water temp by 49 degrees, but I am not sure if the increased wattage will be compatible with the electrical system. My other option is a Mini tank heater (6 gal.) with less of power demand. Suggestions?

hertig

Re: Tankless Hot Water Heaters

what is your unit wired for? If it is wired for 30 amps, than using all of it to heat water is a poor choice.

How about a gas heater?

Umbra

We are wired for 30 amps. My wife uses the RV. She works a 7 day on-7day off schedule, and the hospital where she works (4 hour drive) provides a free electrical hook-up. I would rather she save her small supply of propane for running the generator on rare occasions. We can spare the space for a mini water tank of 6 or 7 gallons--and maybe that would be my best choice.

DL Rupper

The 30 amp heater would be hard to use unless you turned every other electrical appliance off before using it. The 6 gallon water heater is probably your best option. We have a 6 gallon electric/gas water heater and the electric option works good as long as you have time to heat the water and take fairly short showers. Wet down, soap, rinse off and get out. Heck I even have enough hot water left to shave with. Back-to-back showers are not an option. I shower in the morning and the wife showers at night. No fights over hot water that way. :evil:

Baddesley

RE: Tankless Hot Water Heaters

This may be too late for a reply but I'll offer a suggestion anyway. I have had your issue in the past and this is what I did. I had the Eemax ex3512T electric instantaneous water heater. I installed a valve downstream of the heater allowing me to dump heated water back into the fresh water supply tank. This preheated the fresh water tank to allow the water heater to supply a shower with a comfortable outlet temperature. In cold weather I would preheat the fresh water tank before shower use. I installed a temperature sensor in the fresh water tank to monitor this. Solved a big problem with very inexpensive parts. If the water in the tank was 40*F, I would raise the temperature to about 78* F, close the valve and then use the shower. I did this manually for about a year before I replaced the manual valve with a electric valve. Preheat takes about 10 minutes. First modifications cost was about $50.00.
Cheers!

G

I see u got wifi DL why don't i come joind out chat room ,, bty what state and time zone u in now ????
;)