Tax questions - residency in Nevada or Florida?

rvetta

Hey, I'm going to be going on the road full time and am wondering if Nevada or Florida would be best for tax purposes (or somewhere else).

I don't own any property (other than the RV)... I sold it all. So all I can do to illustrate residency is a bank account, address, and RV registration. Also, register to vote, etc. I don't have a source of income, don't need to go to college (again), etc.

Where would be the best place for me to set up residency?

Is it okay for me to use Earth Class Mail, or would a smaller (less noticeable?) company work?

Thanks!

Kirk

Re: Tax questions - residency in Nevada or Florida?

There are seven states that do not have any state income tax. The most popular states for fulltimer domicile are, in order of numbers (based upon a magazine article recently) Texas, Florida & South Dakota. The main reason that Texas leads is that they are home to the only full support system for the fulltime RVer, Escapees RV Club. http://www.escapees.com/ Escapees is the only domicile location that has been through the courts and has been ruled to be fully legal.

Florida is second and is the home to the mail service from Good Sam RV club. South Dakota has one advantage going for it in that it has less sales tax than do the other two.

G

TN does not have a state tax

Clay L

Regarding mail:

Escapees provides a mail forwarding service in TX.

We picked SD as our domicile and use Alternative Resources in Sioux Falls. Haven't had a problem with them in 8 years of fulltiming. Their web site is http://www.alternativeresources.net/

Kirk

Clay, I'd hope that rvetta has done something by now as it has been three months. Wonder if he ever came back to read the replies?

Clay L

I appreciate it when folks come back and let us know if we helped or not. Sometimes people forget which forum they posted in though.