Temp guage sensor

Grinch

Mr. Allisonman,
I'm about to purchase a diesel pusher motorhome that has the Allison 1000 transmission. I would like to
add a tranny temperature gauge. There are a few posts in this forum covering that topic but the
responses are to install the temperature sensor in a "T" in the cooler line. My personal preference is
to have the sensor in the pan but it does not look like there are any provisons for this short of drilling a
hole in the pan.
My question is....is there any problem with installing the sensor in the pan drain-plug hole provided
that an appropriate fitting/adapter could be found to accomodate the sensor threads and the drain-plug
threads?
Thanks, Richard

AllisonMan

Temp guage sensor

Grinch,
When you install a temp gauge you want to put it in the hottest oil temp spot which is "to cooler port". Unfortunatly I have yet to find out about a part number for a "T: fitting. I will call Allison and ask. Look for later posts and have a great day! :)

Martin Brenneke

Temp guage sensor

Has anyone come up with a part # for a T fitting to put a temp Sender in an Allison 5 speed 1000 trans? Or what size Fitting should be used to go to cooler?

hertig

Temp guage sensor

Before I got my new truck with built in trans temp sensor, I got an external transmission filter with temp sensor built into it. If I were doing it in a motorhome, I'd see it that was appropriate.