TENT END TRAILERS

Old Forum Post

[BOB] DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON GOOD TENT END TRAILERS?
I HAVE A FORD EXPLORER V8 THAT WILL PULL ABOUT 64,000 LBS
I WANT TO STAY AS LITE AS I CAN TO DO MOUNTAIN DRIVING,YET
STILL BE COMFORTABLE.

Old Forum Post

TENT END TRAILERS

[Mike] I have a 2000 19ft Aerolite Cub that expands to 23ft. Have been very pleased. No problems and actually it&#039s for sale(new baby and in-law&#039s who likes to join us).

Old Forum Post

TENT END TRAILERS

[Nancy] Bob - By tent end trailers, I&#039m assuming you mean the hybrid expandable trailers. It is lite-weight, hard sided with beds that fold down on the ends. I have a Bantam and recommend them. They are made by Trail-Lite. We pull it with a Ford E-150 conversion van, V8.

There are other brands, Aero Cub, Jayco Kiwi, Keystone Cabana, etc. The Trail-Lite Bantams, I found, are the lightest. There is a club that you should check out devoted only to these types of trailers. Here is the location:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/hybridtrailers

Old Forum Post

TENT END TRAILERS

[mike] Bob I have had two fiberglass sided alum. framed trailers that are light and easy to tow. you should check and see if sides of the fold down beds get wet in the rain. My latest trailer is 29s bunkhouse lynx by prowler that I just love and it tows easy, and at 4300# is pretty lite and roomy. I believe that any soft side material will conduct water in a matter of time

Old Forum Post

TENT END TRAILERS

[Steve] Hi Bob. I have heard really good things about Trail-Lite Bantam. I recently spoke with their West Coast Rep. who works with all the dealers. He has been in the industry for 30 years and can attest to the fact that Trail-Lite Bantam series uses top quality engineering and next generation materials. They hold 2 patents and are the "Original Inventors" of the Hybrid Trailer. You will find vast improvements for 2001 over all previous years models. Every other manufacturer is a copycat. I think you will find most Bantam owners that have 2000 models or older will be soon trading in for a 2001 model.
Visit http://www.trail-lite.com to view the floor plans and specs. Click on the Bantam section for the Hybrid Trailers.