The Nightmare Continues

utmtman

We went to Ardel Brown RV in Draper Utah to get a stereo replaced that has been on order since we bought our RV two years ago. While there I asked them about checking our slideout for the leak and our freezer for over flowing and to install a trailer brake switch for us. When I came to pick it up they said the tech came to work late and did get the stereo installed but had to leave early. They did not and were not able to get any of the other work done. I will have to find someplace in our travels to look at it and do the repairs. I am in Arizona now and dont think I will bother with it until we get to Washington the end of May.

G

RE: The Nightmare Continues

Man i feel u'r pain ,, the work force today is not what it used to be :approve: :approve: :approve: :angry: :eek: ;) :(

utmtman

Re: The Nightmare Continues

I know and its sad. We had problems in Louisiana with another rv shop too and they saw my posts in another forum and sent me an email to call them so they can makeit up to me. RIGHT. I called them and they asked me to come on back again some day and they were sorry I was not happy. Dang if that is how they make it up to me, I will pass. I think I must be one lucky feller to get two pain in the butt rv shops out of the three I have used. Also got one bad camping world out of two I have used.

DARLING

Some people have all the luck. & its not just you.

Last summer(July) we had a probem with our Generac. Called Generac & they sent us to 3 different shops which came up with 3 different problems. None was the real problem.

We ended up in Lebanon, Pa(about 30 miles north of Lancaster. Pa which is where we were headed) In 20 minutes they diagnosed the problem, called generac, had them overnite the part in. They even let us plug into their shop overnite so we at least had a/c. The next morning the part came in, 2 hrs later it was all fixed.

The only down side here is that they usually only work on the big commercial units like the grocery store, gas stations have. Not RV's

BUt they sure were great & we told Generac they needed more people like them. Good at their job.

Darlin :cool:

elkhartjim

Hey Darlin, you need to post the name of the good shop....you never know when I might be in that area and need something. Being a reitred business owner, I know the importance of positive coments, boy we always heard the bad ones quickly. Right Rod and Ken?

G

U got that right Jim ,, the negative is more powering than the positive :eek: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :)

DL Rupper

Hey Darlin :) , it's a good thing they let you stay overnight at their facility. The local Rv park (Lickdale Campground, Jonestown, Pa) is not very good. See rvparkreviews.com, Lickdale Campground, Jonestown, Pa. My review is about the 2nd one down. :laugh:

DARLING

There name was DYNA TECH in Lebanon, Pa. They are mostly commercial/ industrial people. The big units you see on tractor trailers on the road that you need a crane to remove & install.

After visiting 3 different generac service people(all idiots),

Honey Jumped up & down, EXPRESSED hisself & told generac what he thought about there product & service people. That is how we ended up at Dyna Tech. They were wonderful, down to earth country people.

They tapped on the door about 8:30 to tell us the part was on the truck out for delivery to them. And it would take bout 2 hrs once they got the part in hand. They asked if we wanted coffee & Honey said no we had already eaten breakfast but thanks for the offer. They said that they did not want to tap too early in case we were still asleep. HAHA. They heard the tv so they knew we were up. They (2 guys)worked thru lunch to finish us up about 1pm. then they took lunch. How often do you hear that happening?
Honey even offered to take them to lunch(in their truck) for such a good job but they refused because they had brought their lunch from home. We thanked them ALL again(handshakes & hugs) before we left.

I guess if you holler loud enough at the right people you finally get results. And we did with Dyna Tech. They were SUPER.

utmtman

Thats what we like to hear Darling. Glad it all worked out for ya. Now if I can find me a good rv shop to fix my rig I will be happy. Being I am in the desert of Arizona right now I am not looking. Figure to search either on my way to Washington in May or after I get there. Bound to find someone reputable to help assist us.

DL Rupper

Hey Lee, check out RV Service Review. I've never used it, but have it on my favorites list just in case.

If your ever in ohio there is a good RV place that I would reccomend called Alum Creek RV's. It's located off of I-71 & Route 36/37 Sunbury ext. just 25 miles North of Columbus. They are very knowledgeable and courteous !

H2H1

OK here is a thought :) why don't we all pitch in and buy a helicopter for rod and he can fly in to fix all our problem :clown: He can be on call 24/7 24 hours aday. I know he would like to get paid so lets give .50 on a dollar lol :laugh: . Hey ROD you know I am just kidding. but it's a thought

G

i bet the helicopter would cost more than my call out time ,, and yes i know Hollis ,, u'r JK :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

OK, I feel EMBARRASSED but I did a very stupid thing today, I took the MH down to rotate the tires. But this weekend I was watching the race in the MH and I forgot to lower the bat wing antenna. but not to worry the first tree I went took it off. :disapprove: :disapprove: I will replace it tomorrow before we head out Saturday morning :laugh:

G

well Hollis ,, we never learn ,,,, and i mean all of us ,, just chock it up to rv 101 ,,, u'r not the only one ,, and the newbies will learn from this ,,, we all do stupid stuff rving ,,, and we'll do it again ,,,, so don't feel bad ,, cause all of us have one coming to us ,, an rv stupid thingy ,, u know ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

yeah I know ,the DW just me how much I have spent on repairs on all our other TT and the MH. I told her I could buy another TT, or new 5er. But what the heck it's all in the price of enjoyment. I told her we can't take it with us when we die so spend it now on entertainment or repairs :laugh:

G

Ther u go ,, and enjoy it while u can ,, with everything going up ,, u never know when u can do it agian ,, and the heck with the repairs ,, it's only a thing ,, better than having u'r rv totaled ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

elkhartjim

RE: The Nightmare Continues

Everthing seems to be automatic accept the batwing before putting into drive. I've got post it note everywhere and still forget. How much did it cost? Never mind, I don't want to know.
icon_smile_sad.gif

DARLING

You wil just have to hang something on the inside to remind you....Like the repair bill. :laugh:

H2H1

a few $$$$$$, labor is free!! I am doing the work. I think I am going to hang a bright colored rope or ribbon or just hang the keys on it to remind me it's up :laugh: