The Nightmare Continues

DARLING

Re: The Nightmare Continues

What ever makes the brain say.... What is that for??? Oh yea the batwing.

Darlin :cool:

elkhartjim

RE: The Nightmare Continues

I've got it. Hang a $100. bill from the crank. Tex send as soon as possible cause I'm leaving in the mornin.
icon_smile.gif

utmtman

I bought one of them bright orange hangin tags the says Antenna Saver on it. Put in on dash or steering when when antenna is up. I too did that one time Hollis on my last TT. Just being up broke the plastic crank gears all to heck.

H2H1

OK I have it fixed, went and picked it up at a rv supply and retail sale this morning. I came home replaced the gear , the 2 wings and both arms, plus I ran new cable. I had it on and working in about 30-45 min. I also re caulk the seams and did a good job if I have to say so myself :laugh: :laugh: . My new DC plug came in today fro my sat radio ands now all/everything is working great. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :bleh:

H2H1

I got to get back to the old days when I worked on everything. and didn't have to call anyone for help. I know there is plenty of help here and I will relie of everyone advice.

DL Rupper

Hey Hollis the red tag hangy dillies work. They clip onto the rim of the crank. Of course if you don't look up you may miss it.

I have the best reminder. My wifie uses a check list to do the inside and then she has a separate check list to come along behind me on the outside to check my work.

Bottom line: We still miss things . Had to buy a new metal chock from Kenneth last year when I broke mine in 4 pieces with the mighty Dodge diesel. I couldn't even feel it being ground up by the 5th wheel tires. Sure didn't slow the Dodge down any. I did hear it go crunch. :eek:

H2H1

thanks for the reassuring, I now know I am not the only person who has made mistakes with there RV. :approve:

utmtman

I made a check list at one time and bought so lamination to laminate it and was thinking of mounting it on the dash and never did put it all together. At least I got it should I decide to do it to it. LOL

aussie Keith

We got the tip to use one of those spring loaded "hairgrips". Put it on the antennae handle when it is down. Then when you raise the antennae with the handle you put the hairgrip on the steering wheel. So it's always there before you drive off and you lower the antennae and put the hairgrip back on it! Foolproof, and one of the best tips we had.

utmtman

Thats what I use too. My dash also has a light that is supposed to come on when its up but I have never tested it to see if it works. LOL

honorman

I painted a clothes pin red and cliped it to my tv ant knob on the ceiling, it lives there until I pull the motor home into a camping spot, and put the ant up,
then it goes to the gear shift lever to live until i start to pull out of camp,
I have to see it that way, so my ant. never gets knocked off the motor home.
That has worked for me for 20 years, still have the same tv ant. I think this motor home has a red light to alert me on the dash but I never notice it.
:)

Kirk

Good idea Ed. We have done that kind of thing now for a good long time also, but this thread is nearly a year old.

Welcome to the forums!