Thermopane ? Again

Patybear

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments. Now the problem is the one we really want does not have these windows. This probably sounds pretty dumb. But can we just have the windows replaced with Thermopane. It is a used RV with only 1700 miles. We wouldn't even have to pay regular sales tax since it is from a third party. So it would be worth it to pay to have the windows put in if possible.

Thanks again!

Kirk

Thermopane ? Again

Yes you probably could by going through a dealer who sells that unit. But most of the manufacturers won't sell directly to the end user but only through a dealer. You might want to check with the manufacturer first as some will do so. That will make a big difference in what those windows will cost. They are not difficult to replace, but it will take time so if you pay someone to do it, it will be expensive. I think you should check the cost, first. You may well be much wiser to find a different RV.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Thermopane ? Again

Kirk is correct, I can only add to what he said about expensive. Thermal pane windows are available on the Sedona and Prairie Schooner we sell. It is a $1,200.00 option, and that is MY cost. That is replacing the standard windows with the Thermal, so the cost of the standard ones is factored in. If you are just buying them, I don't know what it would be.

s.harrington

Thermopane ? Again

Sometimes your local parts dealer can get windows from the window manufacturer cheaper than you can get them from your dealer. Check online for a parts store near you.

Krazeehorse

Thermopane ? Again

If you are getting a good deal on the unit and you like it just forget about the thermopane windows until the next time. I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker. I am sure there are plenty of us on the forum who do not have thermopane (right folks, or is the ol wienerbeagle the only one?) and we would like to have them but aren't going to trade yet just so we can have them. We get along just fine without them. If everything else about this rig is right then I say go for it. Just MHO. Call me Krazee ;)

C Nash

Thermopane ? Again

I go with Krazee on this. Even though I would rather have them and do on our present rv it would not be a deal breaker. A lot depends on the type camping you plan on. If you want you can always install plastic on the inside to help on condensation and heat or cooling loss. Having to replace one of my dual pane windows now because of fogging between the panes and the window cost is around 400 bucks "OUCH"

rzcsprings

Thermopane ? Again

In my/our opinion, the lack of thermal or dual pane windows is a deal breaker. One wonderful thing about these forums is the opportunity for each or us to post our opinions, and that is ours. Richard

n8xv

Thermopane ? Again

Just read your first post about the windows. Did I see correctly the rig you looking at is a 2006, used at a great price. "Red Flag" why is it so new, yet used and a great price???? Maybe I've missed something here.

To me if you really want the windows and are willing to go the expense of having them changed. Check the price of having them changed, add that to the price of your good deal. Then check around to see what you can purchase a like model with the windows already installed for. Rule #1 is never fall in love with any RV, especialy before you purchase. Rule #2 never get in a hurry to purchase.

quote:Originally posted by Patybear

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments. Now the problem is the one we really want does not have these windows. This probably sounds pretty dumb. But can we just have the windows replaced with Thermopane. It is a used RV with only 1700 miles. We wouldn't even have to pay regular sales tax since it is from a third party. So it would be worth it to pay to have the windows put in if possible.

Thanks again!

hertig

Thermopane ? Again

Krazee, that technique will eliminate the problems with cold interior and condensation short term, but I'm not sure how effective it will be in the long term. :)

C Nash

Thermopane ? Again

Dean, you have to remember I kinda fall into the catagory of "you might be a redneck". No, don't have it on the camper we have now but, been there before. Got those thermopaines now. Yep, even know I mispelled panes but having a fogget thermopane has me in pain. Old Foxworthy could get a lot of new ones if he just visted here for a while :laugh: . I was speaking of the clear plastic that is made for windows. You can install it on the inside and use a hair dryer to smooth it out. Leave the method of installation to you. Want say duct tape :eek: :clown: :blush: :laugh:

Patybear

Thermopane ? Again

Well, we did it. We purchased a 2005 Gulfstream Endura. It is a diesel with 13,000 miles. It is very clean and has a satelite. No thermo windows. Maybe next time. We just returned from our first trip to Bristol, TN for the Nascar race.The race was good and our first RV experience was great! Can't wait until the next trip.

n8xv - The Endura with 1700 miles was a 2005 but not a diesel and no thermo windows. We were also considering a 2006 w/thermo but not a diesel.

Thanks again to all who posted in response to my thermopane question :)