This leak is driving me crazy!!!

sp

I'm still getting water in my 78 Prowler. I recoated the whole roof but am still getting water in the front corners just above window height. I'm thinking it has to be the horizontal aluminum seams. I tore out all the wet paneling and the mushy studs and then ran a stream of water down the corner bead, no water inside. Then I tried around the windows near the damage, no water. Then i put it up to the horiz seams, trickleing water inside.

How do I seal the seams?? Could it still be the windows or corner trim leaking?

Thanks for any help you give.
Steve

Gary B

Hi Steve, have you checked good around the marker light assy's, lots of times it can leak around or thur them, if its the horizontal seam, there is a excellent product call Geocel that works the best of anything I've used. It will stay on a vertical or horizontal surface, its available at most home building supply places, I get it at my local lumber yard. :) :bleh:

sp

Thanks Gary, I think the marker lights are ok because there is no damage under them. If I measure down from them about 12 to 14" that is where I have water. Just above the big side window and to the side of it which would be the camper corner. Unless the window flange is leaking and the water seaps into the wood in both directions including upward???

Does the Geocel stuff come as a spray, caulk, or brush on?

Thanks Again,
Steve :cool:

Gary B

Steve, its a caulk, you need a caulking gun for it. Yes leaks are a son of a gun to find, the water can follow something fora long ways before it shows up. :) :laugh: :bleh: