Tioga slide out problem

scophile

The slide out on my 2001 Tioga just stopped working. Only 10,000 miles.
When the slide out key is turned, there is a relay, or better descibed as two one inch square boxes located in the eletrical compartment (that read Bosch) that clicks when the key to the deply the slide is turned, ond when is the key returns to it's detente position.

I contacted Fleetwood, they were helpful and sent info. The info says there is a control switch somewhere in a closet or behind a drawer. I have looked everywhere and have yet to find it. There is a switch resembling in shape to the one pictured in the Fleetwood info I'm not sure this is it. It says "Intelitech low side 7amp latching controller" It has wire leads labled 12volt, sw, load and ground. It measures 12volt constant when slide key is turned or not on the load lead or 12v lead. Not sure this what I'm looking for.

I am yet to do any testing on the motor. It is very difficult to reach with the slide in the retracted position, and my time has been limited. I know there is a friction brake, and will try to test by putting a straight 12v on the motor. My gut it is something else besides the motor. BTW, all fuses I have checked are fine. There are a few mini fuses under the dash I can't get to, other than that they all seem fine, unless there are some hidden ones.

The only work I have done to the RV is to add and inverter previous to the problem. I disconnected the aux batteries, added the positive and negative leads to these batteries and reconnected the batteries, and a chassis ground.
A very simple operation that I don't see would have affected the slide out.

Thanks for your help.

Scott :(

G

RE: Tioga slide out problem

so u said that the slide worked before u installed the inverter ,, right??,,, I not accusing u of anything ,, i work on these beast everyday ,, and i screwup a time or 2 ,, try and disconect the inverter and see what happens ,, it sure sounds to me that ther may have been a power surge put thru the system and some how blew a fuse to the slide ,, i would contact Fleetwood again and see if they can get u a wiring diagram of just the slide ,, it may point u to where the fuses are located ,, i wish i could be more help ,, but if i could fix these things via chat or phone ,, i would be on the beach right now and making the big bucks ,, but again ,, i'm not putting u down ,, i am all for the ones that can do as u have done (install inverter) it keeps my free time more free ,, and u (the owner ) learn more about u'r rv ,, and u find out it's really not as scary as u'r stick house :laugh: ;) ;) :eek: :approve:

scophile

Re: Tioga slide out problem

Thats kinda what I was thinking. There is a hidden fuse somewhere in there.
Thanks!

H2H1

HELLO SCOTT, and welcome to the forum. If you will listen to 730(Rod) he will give u some great advise. and he cheap to. beside he would rather be on the beach in MB than working on MH TT 5er. Now if he could find out how to charge over the internet for service render he would be at the beach year around with his lap top do work. :laugh: :)

G

Ha Ha Hollis ,, but u have a good point ,, but please don't get me wrong i do love working on these beast ,, it is always a chalenge ,, not like cars i used to work on ,, they have the same probs ,, won't start,, hear this kinda noise ,, with rv's u get to really do something ,, fridge not cold enough ,, WH not hot enough ,, but i must say i hate the ,,, " i got a roof leak somewhere stuff " but it's pay ,, and some one has to do it... ;) :) :approve: :dead:

H2H1

Hey Rod we know you enjoy your work and look for a challenged to excite the brain. I still think you are a great person and always enjoying poking fun at you because you are such a good sport.
like I told Ken last night in the chat rm. I wish I lived close to you or him as I got allot of extra things I would like to get done to my MH and I feel I can trust you and Ken on the work, but being several hundreds mile away I just let the local RV tech do it. any way I will buy you breakfast in April at the place of your choice

G

Hey now Hollis ,, i can;t turn down an invite to breakfast ,, whether i pay or someone else does ,, don't matter ,, it's just the thought i guess ,, and THANK YOU ,, for someone who has never met me ,, and to give such praise about ,, I AM HONORED ,, but u might not like me or ken to get a hold of u'r rv ,, if we did ,, it would be like the show on MTV ,, but we would call it PIMP MY RV :laugh:
And bty ,, i am the laid back ,, easy going type ,, i don't get upset with anything ,, i have seen my techs get so mad at something ,, they turn red ,, i tell them go away for a bit ,, and it'll fall right into place ,, and it usally does ,, but while their gone ,, (sometimes ) i step in and do it for them ,, i tell them the more u make it hard on ur'self the harder the job is going to be ,, so relax and then go after it agian ,, and see what happens ,,, most of the people i deal with are in no big hurry ,, as long as they get the rv fixed ,, and fixed for the prob they have ,,, and since i'm ALOT cheaper than the few other's we have around here ,, then they call me first ;) :approve:
But agian Hollis ,, THANK YOU :blush:

H2H1

hey Rod, cheap has nothing to do with it, if you good at what you do , then the charge should be in line with the service. your reputation is more important than the mighty dollar and people will appreciate being treated fairly and will come back and tell their friends about your service. NOW PIMP MY RV --THERE A THOUGHT

: :approve: :evil: :laugh:

G

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ok u asked for it ,, i'll get with Ken tomorow and see what we can come up with ,, but i gotta tell u ,,, it may not be for living in anymore ,, just for cruising the strip on Sat night ,, but again THANK YOU ,, i feel that if i can keep a customer happy with my low rates then it's worth it ,, but i must say i'm feeling the gas crunch also ,, but the few customer's i have (i hope ) will understand the rate change ,, as long as i can go beyond what they want done ,, then that's what i'm in business for ,, and i think Ken will agree on this ,, he seems to have a very good following on this forum ,, and yes i can't wait to meet u all ;) :approve: :approve: :)
bty u know that if u have good service ,, that person will tell maybe one other,,,
but u have bad service they tell twenty ,,, THAT IS WHAT DON"T WANT ,, bad service rep ,, u know :dead:

H2H1

we under stand the business side of things-a good word is money in the bank--bad word and it in the sewer tank.