Tip for the ladies.

SnowbirdInFlight

My tip is for the ladies of the RV world.

I have a washer in my RV but no dryer. To save on the Laundromat charges what I use is the spring-load bars from Wal-Mart. You can get one that expands from 22 to 42 inches for under $5 and once you adjust them between two solid objects you can hang your permanent press shirts on hangers from these, add an osculating fan blowing on them and voile' you have a cool dryer for your shirts, blouses, undies, and even socks! This will also work for towels, it just takes longer. Of course sheets and blankets still go to the Laundromat.

C Nash

Tip for the ladies.

We use this method also but the downside to this is a lot of moisture in the rv.

Guess I was not supposed to respond to this one since I am a male :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

If you have furnance on it is no problem because the air is dry anyway. When the air is on, the air is also dry, so also no problem. Plus the fan helps this also. If you have windows open and it is hot and humid outside then yes, probably too much moisture for towels and heavy socks, but women's undies and men's perm press shirts are fine.

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

We were at South Padre Island in Texas. Beautiful Island, beautiful state! We're new at Semi-full timing. We're both retired but still have our home in Southern Illinois for Summer months and go south for winter months. We went to Florida winter of 2003-2004 and then Texas 2004-2005. We've decided Texas is better and will be going back there this October and stay until April. We go to the Rio Grande Valley (Brownsville, South Padre Island, McAllen areas). They really treat you right in that area! We stayed at the Casa Del Valle RV Resort in Alamo, Texas. Great place and only 20 minutes to Mexico where they have great shopping! No doubt, Texas is much better than Florida. Still have the Gulf of Mexico, palm trees, and warm sunny weather.

Shadow

Tip for the ladies.

Man I nailed that one. Something just stood out in the pictures. Well off to work :dead: . Not quite retired yet.

Kirk

Tip for the ladies.

Snowbird,
What is with the excessive pictures? You are giving a great example of the reason most forums are now limiting the posting of pictures! Those of us who are fulltime with limited access do not appreciate the excessive time that your junk causes the transmission to take. If you must show off, just post a link and we can visit if we wish and have the access!

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

Kirk wrote: quote: Snowbird,
What is with the excessive pictures? You are giving a great example of the reason most forums are now limiting the posting of pictures! Those of us who are fulltime with limited access do not appreciate the excessive time that your junk causes the transmission to take. If you must show off, just post a link and we can visit if we wish and have the access!

Sorry there Kirk - As you can see I have edited the pictures so that they are smaller and faster to load for people such as yourself with a slow loading computer. Hope this helps!

I'm sorry you feel my pictures are 'junk' and I might have been bragging just a little since it was my first time out of the country, but I wasn't showing off the fact that I can post pictures, I'm sure everyone knows how to do that on a message board.

Finally Kirk, asking me nicely to cut down on the size of the photos would have worked just as well and you wouldn't have to look like such a grumpy old retiree. Take a chill pill.

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

Shadow, Yes we really liked South Padre Island, but we just drove around and the only time spent on the beach was when that picture was taken. When we go back this October I would like to camp there at least a week or so, just to be near the beach until we finally go to our final destination in Alamo. Also would like to get some fishing in because we hear it is great there!

campbud

Tip for the ladies.

Snowbird...I enjoyed the pics!!! Thanks for posting them and good to hear you had a great time!

turnipbwc

Tip for the ladies.

I think Kirk has to much time on his hands. I see his name on several posts and complaining on most of them. Kirk, you need a hobby.

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

Campbud, thanks! You may regret that after I come back from Canada, ha ha. I actually went out today and bought a digital Fuji FinePix A 345 camera. The pics I posted before were from a disposible that I got a CD with when I had them developed. Now with the digital I can just transfer them directly to my laptop and post them quicker. With so many places now having WIFI I should be able to post during the trip to Canada with no problem. (I've actually seen WIFI at McDonalds lately) But, I promise to keep the photos small enough to load for people with dial-up.

click.gif

campbud

Tip for the ladies.

I have a digital Fuji FinePix (just a 2 pixel) but it is a nice camera. You will like yours, easy to use and takes great pics. Will look forward to seeing more pics...snap away ...it is great for those of us that dont get to them places! Have a great time!

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

Thanks turnip. I don't think there is any call for that type of rudeness. But, there are always those who are never satisfied with anything anyone does, lol. It's like the town I came from in Southern Illinois - they had a billboard that boasted 3,999 friendly people and 1 ol' sorehead! Guess I found the sorehead on this board.

Kirk

Tip for the ladies.

Snowbird,
Sorry to sound grumpy. No intent to leave bad feelings, I guess you just touched my tender spot since we spent so long with only a wire-line connection and frequently far out in the boonies. The point is that for those with only slow connections, large pictures make the loading of the threads very sloooooooow. But the pictures are very good. Since I have gotten a faster connection I do look at them at times, but still feel for those who have slow service. But your pictures are not junk, so please do not think that it was my intent to make it sound that way.

If I could suggest, a site with your pics is of interest to many of us and just post an occasional small one with a link. Many fulltimers do this and share our travels as we go in that way. And thanks for the thoughtfullness in making them smaller. Hope that your travels go well .

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

Kirk, thank you for your apology and for the email also. I was very excited when I found this message board because I felt everyone here had one thing in common - the love of camping. I did forget that not everyone has lightening speed connections. I will in the future, when posting pictures, make them as fast to load as possible while still clear enough to see what is in the picture.

As far as my message board, I did have all the pictures there but Ezboard had a hacker destroy all there boards (over 9000) on May 31 and it wiped out everyone's postings. They are working on restoring this problem but could take several days (according to ezboard). So, if they can't restore them, I will repost as I have them all hosted at photobucket.com.

Anyway, thanks for the apology, and happy camping!

FXGreyhawk

Tip for the ladies.

Snowbird,

Thanks for your great comments on the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. I'm from the Brownsville area and am in the process of purchasing a 31 ft. Greyhawk Class C motorhome by Jayco. I'm excited to begin RVing as this is my very first RV. I hope I'm buying a good one that will last me a good while. South Padre Island is a beautiful place to see. If you do go and stay there, check out Access 6 which is right on the beach. It is past all of the hotels heading north on the main drag. You can setup your RV there and enjoy the beach. It does get crowded on holidays and summer weekens, but sounds like you're down here during the off season anyway. You'll enjoy it!! Good luck to you and keep traveling. I should be getting my RV in a couple of weeks. CAN'T WAIT!!!

GOD Bless.

FX

SnowbirdInFlight

Tip for the ladies.

Hey thanks for the comments and good luck with your new RV! We're definately going back to the Rio Grande Valley because they treat you much better there than they do in Florida!

timthetoiletman

Tip for the ladies.

Back to the original topic, I have a washer in my 42' 1986 jayco TT and I found a much quicker way to dry clothes.

I purchased a 2 drying racks at Walmart for $6.55 ea. and I put all of my wet clothes on them and then hang up any nicer shirts or paints on hangers then I use my forced air k1 heater and blast them with hot air for about 10 to 15 minutes. Of course I stay outside of the camper when this is going on.

It works great!

Tim