Tire covers

chag67

I am purchasing a 37 Mountain Aire and will need to purchase some tire covers to protect the tires as it will be parked in an RV park 95% of the time. Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations?
Also is there some reliable webistes for RV parts and accessories?

Thanks.

H2H1

call Ken Hurt at Grandview Trailer Sales, just look for him on here, he is one of us and is a great and honest dealer.

Kenworth

Not to HiJack this thread, but I have some tire covers, but after thinking about it...why? If trailer wheels only last about 3-4 years, really what is the point of putting covers on them, surely they can't deteriorate quicker than 3 years, can they?

C Nash

I think so if they are sitting in the hot sun. Think the newer tires will go a little longer than 3 to 4 yrs IMO. Also the covers help keep the tires and rims clean.

G

I myself use this company for parts ,, anyone can get them at cost or below ,, they will beat anyones price ,, and they have been really good to me ,, shipping and such was not charged when i needed the parts fast ,, the company web sight is
www.RvPartWholesaler.com ,, and if u order from them by phone ,, ask for Mike ext 224 ,, anyone else is good to deal with ,, nice bunch of folks ,, and btw i am not plugging an add for them just letting anyone out there know :)

Philip.Saran

Most newer trailer/MH tires are usually good for up to 7 years, after that you should replace
the tires before taking the rig out on the road.

corvetteguy77

I like RV Covers Direct, had no complaints with their product and they have pretty good service. I have never bought the tire covers but when I bought my RV cover I saw that they also had the tire covers on the site. The URL is rvcoversdirect.com if it helps ya.

H2H1

well I cover my MH and I have tire covers as well.Now since I replaced the cover I cut section out to cover the tire cover, so I am getting double the tire coverage. I do think it is better to cover them than leave them in the open sun. But that JMHO.

akjimny

Chag67 - Just make sure when you park your tires are on pavement. Concrete is best. Also, Home Depot and Tractor Supply sell heavy rubber mats. Put those on the pavement and then park on them. Tire covers are cheap insurance. Like Nash said, they keep the rims clean and they do help prevent ozone dammage. DO NOT use any tire treatment contining petroleum distillate on your RV tires. RV tires are made from a different compound than car tires and tire dressing will make them deteriorate even faster.

Emma Brian

There are some online stores from where you can purchase RV parts and accessories:
1. Amazon
2. Camping World
3. Ebay

4. PPL Motor Homes

Ar-Vee33

Have you guys seen this?

Mentioned in the video: black covers can block UV but it can fry the tire which happened to my Toyo tires. You can check out the video why.

For those who are interested in making a DIY, I found this interesting video