Tire Pressure Monitors

hertig

Re: Tire Pressure Monitors

Doran has a pretty good reputation as far as I've heard. Keep in mind that it is an 'external' design, which has some advantages and disadvantages. On the plus side, they are easier to install and replace. On the minus side, they don't transmit temperature, you have to remove them to add air to the tire, and they are vulnerable to theft/damage.

OpenRoads

Re: Tire Pressure Monitors

Last year, I had manual (external) tire pressure monitoring caps installed. They are simple, and I check the reading at every stop.

At the time, we wanted something other than having to use a tire guage, but did not have time to have another system delivered and installed, nor were we close to a camping world.

They have been on a year, and have been great so far.

The important part of any tpms, is that they be installed correctly.

These have worked so well, I have not pursued installing a more sophisticated tms. However, I am fanatical about checking tires, and will upgrade the tpms I am currently using at some point.

Do a search on several forums, and you can get the good and not so good about each system. There is enough info to read until you need to update the bifocals, assuming you where them.

Good Luck