TIRE PRESSURE/TEMPERATURE MONITORS

Old Forum Post

[GOODY] I RECENTLY HAD A VERY HARROWING EXPERIENCE ON PA. ROADS. I WAS PULLING A JEEP GR CHEROKEE WITH MY CLASS A AND THE RIGHT FRONT OF THE JEEP HAD A BLOWOUT AND BECAUSE THE CLASS A IS A 40&#039 PUSHER WASN&#039T IMMEDIATELY NOTICED, BY THE TIME ANY EFFECTS WERE FELT THE RIGHT ALLUMINUM ALLOY RIM HAD BROKEN APART AND THE BRAKES ON BOTH SIDES WERE TORN APART, THE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL WAS BENT, IN SHORT THE TOTAL FRONT END HAD TO BE REPLACED, NO BODY DAMAGE, HOWEVER THE BILL WAS $4500 U.S. FUNDS, NOT CHICKEN FEED FOR US CANADIANS. I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE ARE TIRE PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE MONITORING SYSTEMS OUT THERE. WHAT DOES ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THESE AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM? I&#039LL NEVER FEEL RIGHT WHEN PULLING MY DINGHY WITHOUT SOME KIND OF MONITOR. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Old Forum Post

[Will] No personal experience here (yet), but there ARE remote sensing systems out there. Perhaps a call to Goodyear, even tho you may not have their tires (@ 800-321-2136 in the US) would lead you to a solution. I&#039ve found Goodyear folks to be quite helpful. If you find a good answer, let us know here. G&#039luck, eh ;-)

Old Forum Post

[Harry] Camping world sells a kit to monitor all wheels for pressure. I don&#039t have a catalog in front of me. I don&#039t beleive they monitor temperature or weather they come with a remote monitor to run from toad to coach. I will find out more info and get back tomorrow. Later ...Harry...

Old Forum Post

[Harry] I looked through my catalogs and found out it was not at Camping World but at JC Whitney. They are made by Hidden Hitch. They measure pressure only.They cost $329. and with a little extra wire could be wired so that you could monitor the toad from the coach. Later ...Harry...

Old Forum Post

[Steve] Here you go....try &#039www.smartire.com&#039. I haven&#039t used their products but they have everything.

Old Forum Post

[Steve] Here&#039s a reply to my request for pricing on the Smartire system.

The product listed on our website is our Second Generation SmarTire. Gen II is currently not available. Pricing and the release date are still to be determined. Please check our website at www.smartire.com periodically for updates regarding the release of Gen II.

As requested please find some information on our SmarTireTM Wireless Pressure Monitor System for passenger cars, RV and trailers. SmarTire is ideal for anyone that values the security, peace of mind and efficiency provided by continuous tire pressure and temperature monitoring. Best of all, SmarTire is approved for use with virtually all tubeless tire and wheel
assemblies. Presently SmarTire can monitor up to a total of six tire locations. Suggested retail for pricing for our Tire Monitoring Systems not including installation is as follows US Currency:

050.0200 - Passenger Car System $199.00
052.1012 - 2 Position Light Truck/RV System $199.00
052.1014 - 4 Position Light Truck/RV System $399.00
052.1016 - 6 Position Light Truck/RV System $499.00

You can purchase SmarTire at many retail outlets such as Discount Tire,America&#039s Tire, The Tire Rack, SEARS, NTB, Goodyear Tire Stores,Bridgestone/Firestone Stores and many other independent Tire Dealers.
(Participation varies from store to store).

Discount Tire/America&#039s Tire Part numbers
37500 - Passenger Car System
37502 - 2 Position Light Truck/RV System
37503 - 4 Position Light Truck/RV System
37504 - 6 Position Light Truck/RV System
SEARS & National Tire & Battery (NTB) Classification numbers
95114 - Passenger Car Systems
95214 - Light Truck/RV Systems
In the Northwest you can try Bob Dickman Tire Centers at 800 257-8430.

The following is a guideline for application of the SmarTire system on various Recreational Vehicles:

Motorhomes: 30&#039 in length or less
Note: SmarTire does not recommend application on Motorhomes in excess of 30&#039 in length with tires of all steel construction (steel body plies, i.e. 11R22.5, 11R24.5).

Travel Trailers: 40&#039 in length or less
5th Wheel: 40&#039 in length or less
Boat Trailers: 40&#039 in length or less
Utility Trailers: 40&#039 in length or less
Horse Trailers: 40&#039 in length or less
Towed Car: Behind Motorhome not exceeding 25&#039

The above is merely a guide. SmarTire has been used successfully on vehicles beyond the range specified in these guidelines. Due to the nature of radio transmission however, SmarTire cannot guarantee reception on vehicles in excess of these guidelines.

We have established these guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction with our current product before we release the all-new 20-position RV system. SmarTire is making every effort to bring the new RV system to market as soon as possible with the features and quality the RV community is expecting. We at SmarTire thank you for your dedication and loyal support, we will keep you informed of new product developments as they occur.
www.smartire.com

Old Forum Post

[Conrad Legault] HI.

SHOULD I BUY A TOW DOLLY TO PULL MY CAR &#039&#039ACHIVA&#039&#039IN THE BACK OF
MY GLASS A MOTORHOME 32 FT LONG.....

IS IT DANGEROUSE, WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THIS TOW DOLLY

TRULY YOURS

TYOLEG@SYMPATICO.CA