tire pressure

C Nash

Re: tire pressure

Only way to know for sure is to weigh the TT fully loaded. If not possible to weigh the tt I would go with the 65 and watch tire wear. The 65 is probably when tires are cool.

H2H1

Just remember as you are going down the highway the tires will gain pressure due to the heat. So don't over inflate them. Do as Jim and Nash stated start out at 65psi, when you get where you are going check the tire pressure and see how much you have gained. be sure to watch the tred ware

Grandview Trailer Sa

The max pressure is always stated as COLD pressure...the tire manufactures factor in heat from traveling. Set your tires at 65 cold.

Do like I did use nitrogen,at 5.00 a tire you dont have to worry about heat buildup as nitrogen mantains the same pressure.Guess that is why aircraft and nascar use it.Plus it doesnt leak out.Got vehicles 3 yrs old and still has the same air pressure.Try it ,might work for you. :cool:

G

I won;t comment on the true sales scam of the nitrogen thing :eek: :eek: :angry:

swindy4x4

lol .. is it a scam? ... i havent bought into it yet .. i still beleive in acually checking my tire pressure. however, my truck has those darn TPS sensors that cost about $80 a peice and the light is still on .. (probably the spare) .. skeptical .. to say the least.

H2H1

I have the tire pressure monitors on my Toyota pick up and it has a light on also. I did find out it was he spare.

Not trying to sell anything,it works for me and thought it might help someone.Of course if you have bad tires or windows it is going to leak out.

Triple E

wildcatervin - 6/23/2011 11:18 AM Not trying to sell anything,it works for me and thought it might help someone.Of course if you have bad tires or windows it is going to leak out.

I know. You made a pretty broad statement and I just had to be a smart***. Sorry if I offendedyou. :approve: Yes, Nitrogen does not collect moisture and does run cooler but if you take care of your tires you should not over heat in the first placeand I don't want to carry an extra can of nitrogen for airing up my tires. Each to their own and do what you think is best. I use nothing but synthetic oil and some people think I am nuts for doing so. But that is what makes me feel comfortable so I do it. :approve: :approve:

Triple E,not offended,and I also use synthetic in everything I own,a little more money but a lot of piece of mind.Agree with most everything you stated,but nitrogen must be pumped from the air with a special machine.When it comes time for my tran oil change will be switching to the good stuff also.

G

well yes true ,, but the machine only supplies 75% true nitrogen ,, nascar and the airlines use bottles that is produced at a chem plant that does oxygen and such ,, it is 100% nitro ,, and most tire shops don;t watch or have the stuff to get the moisture outta their air supply ,, cost to much ,, the air we breath has 45% nitrogen ,, so go figure ,, yes i do believe that it helps control moisture ,, but do one thing ,, ck u'r tires when they are cold ,, then drive say 100 miles ,, and ck them agian ,, and see what u get ,, i have done this ,, and u will be surprised at what the results are when u see them ,, but JMO :)

swindy4x4

wow ..seems we got a rather "heated issue" ...if it says 65 psi? go with it .. i would. personally ... this nitrogen thing is a joke .. a scam to make money from suckers who don't know any better.

Cost to much,I would say yes,at a round 17000,but we are in the aircraft cleaning business have 34 vehicles and a tire shop.It probly does seam quite expensive ,but have went and cut our fuel usage in half.Take a long time to pay for it but every little bit helps this world.JMO