Tires

nifty9

RE: Tires

ask your tire agent to help you with the code or view the web site .Some of the Michelins are made in Germany and the 22.5 they run a large amount in May so if you can wait till late July Aug you can get very new one's.Ask befor you sign the work order to view the date code Dot the last 4 digits will be month and then the year.Dave

LEN

Re: Tires

Got the tires today, TOYO's right at $2400 out the door, new stems and bead balanced. Date code this year. So I got a set for the trailer too, ten ply radial and upped the weight capacity. So as I told the wife saved about $500 over the Michelins and got the trailer tires too. The reason the trailer tires is I tow on a trailer the 4x4. Tomorrow I'll try the new tires on the way home.
On a side note had to drive through a blizzard for 80 mile this morning and a few more on snowy roads, the motor home didn't even know it was slick. But a few other drives in the ditch found out. Kinda fun when the on coming trucks went by at a closing speed of 100mph white out has a whole new meaning(wife why are you in that fetal position?), really she was rally good about the whole thing.

LEN

akjimny

Amen Len. Last May we hit snow in Canada while on our trip to Alaska. Wet, slushy snow - no whiteout. So when the semis went flying by I got a blast of slush that would darn near knock you off the road.

And you are right about tires. I knocked the front end so far out of alignment in Canada I wore one tire down to the steel belt. When I got to Glenallen, Alaska, there wasn't a tire in my size to be had. Luckily I had a spare bolted to the undercarriage of the motor home but I couldn't get the guy at the service station to take it down. Thank goodness my brother-in-law was nearby and he stopped to help, or I might still be there.

Lesson learned is drive slow and take it easy over the frost heaves in Canada. :eek: :eek: :) :)

jajones

Very informative forum. Glad to listen to all posters. Looking forward to applying everything I learn here when buying my M/H this spring.

Thanks Guys
Jerry

Oldschool916

RE: Tires

Luck you! I could not find the Toyos anywhere in Georgia. I went from 255 80 22.5 Michelins to 275 70 22.5 Hankooks AH 12's ($2496 out the door mounted and balanced)., I'm very happy with them, experience zero problems with them during my jaunt to Myrtle Beach. I will keep posting any information regarding these tires during ownership.

Triple E

I have never heard of Hankooks so I did a search, could not find a bad comment. Are they made in China?

H2H1

Hi Philip, what part of Georgia you from?OOPS I assume you are from GA. since you said you could not find a certain brand name tire in GA. I have a tire dealer that can order any tire you want. I had him to order my 670 GY tires for me at a good price. As you can see from my signature just where I park the MH. Good luck on your tires

LEN

I'm running Hancooks on the 4-runner and am very happy with them. Now have 4000 on the Toyo's and they are doing great on every type of road you can think of, gravel, paved, ruff, and smooth. Steer and ride well in all conditions from dry dust to mud and wet and dry paved. Seem to be more stable after the first couple thousand miles.

LEN

H2H1

when I need a new set I think I will try them Len. my som run them on his Dodge truck and like them quite well.