TIRES

H2H1

Well I am suppose to get new tires in the morning, but before I do I was looking at the DOT stamp on the side wall of one of the tires. The DOT is showing 4603 for the last 4 on the rating. I know the tire was manufactured in the 46 week on the year 03. And since it is 08 that 5 years back. What is the opinions of some more experienced RV'ers on the tires , should I go ahead and get new ones or wait another year or so.

thanks

TexasClodhopper

Re: TIRES

Major trip coming up.

For me it would only be a matter of the money.

Perhaps you can sell your old ones? (If you leave them, the tire store will resell them.)

DARLING

Hollis

Check out your tires REALLY REALLY good.

How many miles do you have on then :question:

Have you been sitting on them for a LONG period of time :question:

Has the weight of your unit been sitting on just the tire foorprint :question:

Are you developing any spider cracking :question:

There is more to comsider than just a time factor.

Darlin :cool:

DARLING

Oh I forgot to ask.

How hard do you drive your unit :question:

Have you checked the tire depth :question:

Believe or not tires that are used regularly last longer than ones that just sit.

H2H1

HEY Darling we have only 16,000 mile on them and I drive it at least once a month to take the flatness out, Also no spider cracking and I plan on driving around 60-65 no heavy speeding here. The tires look real good and plenty of tread. the weigh will minimum. just what we need plus a little water for the toilet& shower, maybe 1/2 a tank= to 160+ lbs.
thanks for your reply.

H2H1

hey Tex the money not a factor but would hate to shell it out if I can get by for a few more months.

DARLING

They sound like they will be ok.

Make sure that the COLD psi is at least at the minimun in each tire. And if you take it to the max rating for each tire you will help to disapate the heat faster. Which is the #1 destroyer for tires.

Most peple think that if you run your tires at the lower psi(under inflated) your will save on your tire but actually the truth is the heat from the lower psi is what causes a lot of tire deteriotion problems from within the tire.