Tires

H2H1

Re: Tires

Rod u and DL are right, I put protectant on and then put the cover over my tires each and every time it is parked. I don't do all that when I am camping, just when we are home.

G

i do the same as u Hollis ,, but don't put any protectant on the tires ,, just covers and take the weight off them while stored ,, via leveling jacks ,, and jack stands ;) :) :)

vanole

Thanks for the clarification. I to cover tires I have the snap on over the wheel well type and find them easy to put on and take off.

V/R
Jeff

H2H1

Rod very interesting point , do you lift them off the ground ,or just where the weight is off the tires, also will that do any damage to the leveling jacks? As of now mine are off the concrete on 2 x 6 treated boards. I don't have a jack that big enough to life the coach off the ground. Any suggestions as what I need to be doing.

DL Rupper

Hollis, If you don't leave your RV parked for too long, just putting the tires up on boards should work.

I wore out a set of tire covers and now just put on the protectorate as I'm always moving it around. Can't sit still. Well I'm sitting longer now do to high fuel. :(

H2H1

well I do move it about once a month. I drive it around to keep the side wall from being stressed in one location to long.

Shorty

Wow, you all are GREAT!!
Ready for another item??
Tire pressure...
I follow the tire pressure guide that you can find online for any of the tires that you purchase, plus 5 lbs.
On a 26,000 coach, (98 Dutch Star)I'm running 95 in them(Michelle
On the Swinger, after weighing that one also, I ran 100 on the duals and 95 on the front, wonderful ride with the Goodyear's

Just thought I'd open another 'can o' worms;;; :laugh: ;)

G

no can - o worms shorty u'r opinion ,, and that is all that matters ,, i myself run my tires at the max pressure on the tires ,, it seems to help the sway and such ,, but that's my opinion :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

as for as tire pressure goes, I keep mine at the manufactory recommendation, which is 85 lbs. This on all tires :approve: :approve:

Shorty

For years I kept mine at what the max pressure was also. The Swinger rode a little rough and seemed to grab the groves in the road. When I aired down a little(not below what the charts from the mfg said) the ride improved.
Reason I started thinking about it, is, my toad has 35" BFGs. At max pressure they are over loaded and wear out in the middle. The old chalk line across the tire showed them to be over filled and it rode like a rock wagon. Once I lowered the pressure so the chalk ore off evenly, I weighed the jeep and looked up the amount to put in from the chart. I then took this reasoning to the RV.
Seems to help...but this will be my 1st l o n g trip in the DP next week

I would like to say how ever, that you all are GREAT!!
I read, study, search, research, and laugh with this forum all the time...THANK YOU