To all the RV American Flag Wavers

DL Rupper

Read this in the Roy, UT obituaries today. It struct me as something we should take a few seconds to think about as we raise our Old Glory Flags along side or on our RV's.

It is the SOLDIER, not the reporter, who preserves the freedom of the press. And is the SOLDIER, not the poet, who protects our freedom of speech. It is the SOLDIER and not the campus organizer, who puts his life on the line to give others the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the SOLDIER who salutes the Flag, who serves beneath the Flag and whose coffin is draped by the Flag, who protects the protesters right to burn the Flag.
These words are in memory of Marine PFC. Daniel G. Dolan who will be interned this week. SEMPER FI

rlmurraysr59

Re: To all the RV American Flag Wavers

God Bless that Soldier, DL. Just remember though, that Soldier in the flag drapped coffin might have been a poet, a campus organizer, a reporter of the news, a factory worker, a farmer, a doctor, a lawyer, or any number of different occupations. He may have died a Soldier, but he may have lived a life just like anyone one of us. Everyone in this country fights for the freedoms we enjoy by supporting our soldiers. No matter what the walk of life. If it weren't for us he would have died in vain.

God Bless America and Marine PFC, Daniel G. Dolan and all the others who have sacrificed in the name of freedom.

rlmurraysr59

I do to Grandview, I hope they come home soon. And the almost 20,000 wounded get the best medical care available at no cost to them. They have paid enough. I don't support the war in Iraq. It was obviously based on lies. I wouldn't have cared if they had scorched the earth in Afghanistan to find Bin Laden. But I hope they all come home and one day own those new Dodge, Ford, or GM trucks and a nice TT or 5th wheel, or a comfortable Motorhome of their choice so that they can roam this great country of theirs and ours and sit around the campfire. And forget the horrors of war. Everyone deserves a piece of this action.

DL Rupper

RE: To all the RV American Flag Wavers

Ron, give it a rest. The dead Marine's memorial contained the words I passed on.
I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. SEMPER FI, USMC 1st Recon Battalion.

Kirk

RonSr59
Each person is clearly entitled to their opinion, but this just isn't the place to hold that debate. Our son is currently over there, partly to be sure that you will retain the right to say what you wish, so I'll not ask you to think otherwise.

If you are interested, on our website there is now a page of pictures and comments that come from our son, a soldier presently in Iraq, in a job that he volunteered to do, because most of the soldiers do believe in what they are doing there. This site is not political, just some of what is really happening there.

rlmurraysr59

So in my opinion. He is over there doing the job he volunteered to do. Just like I did in 1965 when I got drafted and decided instead to join the Navy. I truly pray that he comes home safe and sound. I know you are very proud of him, as we are of all the military personnel that are over there. But, unfortunately, he is not fighting for me to be able to say what I wish. He is fighting so that Dick Cheney and Haliburton could regain control of the Oil Fields in Northern Iraq. There was no link between Saddam Hussein and AlQuaida and the administration knew it. But you are right, this is not the place to debate this issue.

And I am going to do what I can to make sure a debate does take place after the November Elections. Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

God Bless You and Your Son, Kirk. And if what I said upsets you I am sorry, but the facts speak for themselves.

OldSoldiers

My son is there now. I served in Viet Nam (X2), Panama and Desert Storm during my 33 years of uniform service and I know what he's going through right now. We pray for him every day and communicate as often as possible to let him know that, in spite of our press, MOST Armeicans are behind him and support him andcare for him.

rlmurraysr59

In spite of what press, Old Soldier? I fail to see or hear anyone on any network say that they do not support our troops where ever they serve in this world. Everyone in America, that is a true American, supports our men and women in uniform. But it has always been easy for old wealthy men to send poor and middle class young men into war if they think there is the possibility of a dollar to be made on that war.

I served during Vietnam, my brother died as a result of Agent Orange, after coming home from Vietnam. And it pains me a great deal that we didn't learn a thing about what happens when we try to Force our beliefs down the throats of an independent people of an independent nation. We should have concentrated all of our efforts on Afghanistan and capturing Osama Bin Ladin. Not turning Iraq into a training ground for terrorist.

We will pray for all of our military personnel for as long as they need our prayers. And let's stop cutting Veterans Benefits.

DL Rupper

I find there is a dichotomy between supporting our troops and not supporting their mission. You can't have it both ways. You are either with them ( our troops) or you are against them. To put it bluntly, you either want America to win or you want America to lose. I support our Troops wholeheartedly and their mission to protect us from the bad guys, wherever they are.

rlmurraysr59

Sorry about your dichotomy. But if the mission is wrong it is wrong. There were no terrorist in Iraq, no WMD's, and after years of bombings and sanctions Iraq was no threat to Americans. But now it has been turned into a training ground for terrorist and is the Poster for recruitment of other Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorist whatever country they live in. To understand my support for our troops and my lack of support for the war in Iraq, you only have to ask one question: Where is Osama Bin Laden?

DL Rupper

I believe after 9/11 our mission and duty is to kill terrorists. Why do we care if they choose to meet their fate in IRAQ. I hope we kill them all. I care less about WMD. It is just a poor excuse to bash Bush. Why would you go off on a big political spree over a dead Marines memorial about serving under the American Flag. Do you not believe the words about our SOLDIERS?

Osama Bin Laden is in hiding and totally ineffective. Have you not seen all his henchmen transfered to Gitmo last week. By the way Gitmo is not a wonderful place to spend time. I spent 2mos there during the Cuban Missle Crisis .

rlmurraysr59

You can get just as angry as you want about my post. The last time I checked we were supposed to be Better than those who attacked us. You are right about your post honoring the fallen Marine. But one thing I am very tired of is this head long rush this country is in to kill people. Like it's some kind of sport. Where has that ever gotten us anything. Yea, in the World Wars it was necessary, and in Korea we stopped the Communist take over, in Vietnam we tried to do the same thing and failed. But we attacked Iraq, they didn't attack us. And you can use that logic all you want to, but if someone dropped a bunch of bombs on one of our cities and blew up a bunch of our men, women, and children and then rolled in with tanks and machine guns we wouldn't run out and throw flower pedals in their path or wave their flag for them. So why do we think the Iraqi people were going to do that for us.

And Osama is still out there recruiting new henchmen. We aren't even sure all of those henchmen transferred to Gitmo were henchmen. No one has ever seen the evidence against them. They haven't even seen it.

I am sorry this thread turned into a debate on the war in Iraq. In the early 50's I went to a church camp and a preacher told all of us young kids that Communist Russia could march into this country and take it over any time they wanted to. "Better Red than Dead" paranoia swept across America and it suffered through McCarthyism investigation that ruined a lot of innocent lives. I went home and told my Grandfather what he said and he told me that preacher was just trying to scare us. That if Russia did attack that preacher would be bragging to the Russians how he helped scare us into not fighting back. I refuse to live in fear. I don't care who tells me I should, it ain't in my bones.

When Osama and his followers attacked us, we put a boot in his butte in Afghanistan. But instead of chasing them into the mountains and then leveling said mountains, we let him slip away to plan again. He is tickled to death about what is happening in Iraq. He knows we can't leave now, just as you and I do, but when you push a stick into a hornets nest and stir it around you can bet your bottom dollar you are going to get stung.

I am not going to post anymore. I feel sorry for the families of all the servicemen and women we have lost on both war fronts. And I grieve for our fallen everyday. I pray at home and in church for our brave men and women and ask that they be brought home safe. But I refuse to support an administration that: 1. Went to war without proper equipment for the men and women who would be doing the fighting and still won't supply it, 2. Went to war with an insufficient number after being warned by the Generals on the ground, 3. Voted to increase spending for the Industrial War Manufacturers and then cut pay raises out of that budget for the people doing the fighting, 4. Produced 5 budgets that cut spending on Veterans Benefits knowing that the number of veterans needing those benefits had increased to approximately 60,000.

I think that is enough to list to make my point. And I didn't start the political spree, I am just ending my part of it. God Bless America

rlmurraysr59

I don't think I would say that in a room full of draftee's. But you can if you want to. That Wall in Washington has a lot of names on it.

DL Rupper

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: