Toad Brakes

JimE

I have 1993 31' Winnebago Brave, and have been working over the past few weeks to aquire and install a Falcon 2 tow bar, tow brackets and wiring on my 2005 Saturn Vue. This weekend my wife and I hooked it all up and took it for a test drive. I was pretty impressed with the take off, as I could barely tell it was back there. But, when I would brake, I could definitely tell it was back there, and realized I need some sort of braking system. I've seen the Brake Buddy's advertised, but after spending the money on the tow bar, brackets, and wiring kit, our funds are running low, and it looks like those units run about $800.00. Anyone have any other suggestions or know of any other more economical systems out there?

Gary B

Toad Brakes

Hi Jim, the Brake Buddy is the simplest and best IMHO, soooo easy to install and it works as advertized every time, you might want to check e-bay as there are used one's on most of the time and they sell anywhere from $300.00 to $900.00 even the oldest Brake Buddy's work great. Good luck and you are right to be looking for a brake system. We towed with a Brake Buddy for 25000+ miles and wouldn't leave home without it.
:) :laugh: :cool: ;) :approve:

JimE

Toad Brakes

Thanks for the advice. I dusted off the wallet and bought a new Brake Buddy with the breakaway cable and wireless alert. I wouldn't have felt safe otherwise.