Toad cars

np551

Does anyone know of a site where o ne can find a list of recent model cars that can be towed all four down withoug modification?
Tnanks
Np

sepisllib

Toad cars

Honda is one of the few mfg's that allow such towing. I was thinking of trading my 2001 Suburban 4x4 for a 2005 Honda Odyssey - that was up until a GM dealer asked me why!

He looked at my Suburban and as long as it has the 4x4 selection for hi and lo with neutral he advised that all you have to do is select "Neutral" and then tow the thing anywhere.

YEAH!!!! Now I can keep my most favorite vehicles of all times - my Suburban.

If you have the "Kit" installed for lighting - you don't even have to pull a fuse. Install the choice of tow bar and install a "Brake Buddy" then hook up and go.

I will be towing my 6000 pound Suburban with my 1993 Gulfstream Tourmaster which is equiped with 250 hp 8.3 diesal.

Bill

np551

Toad cars

Thanks for the reply. I have been towing a 95 Honda Accord with no trouble at all but wasn't sure about the newer models.

ARCHER

Toad cars

I have a 91 Honda Accord and was told by the dealer I could pull it all four down in neutral, but I had to stop every 100 miles or so and start the engine to circulate the transmission fluid. I did not want to do this, so I bought a tow dolly and have used it for three years with the Honda and so far so good. :approve:

cvrvr

Toad cars

Find a copy of the January issue of Family MotorCoach magazine. Every year they have a list of towable vehicles. Go to www.FMAC.com for more information.

George

Poppa

Toad cars

THIS IS A GOOD SITE FOR WHAT YOU ARE ASKING, www.motorhomemagazine.com , SCROLL DOWN TO DINGY TOWING, CLICK ON WHAT YEAR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND THEY HAVE THE SKINNY ON MOST VEHICLES. HOPE THIS HELPS. :laugh: ALSO MOST STANDARD SHIFTS WITH 2 WHEEL DRIVE CAN BE TOWED WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY. POPPA

janicenlarry

Toad cars

fmca.com is also a good place to look for toad info. We tow a Jeep Wrangler with auto tranny and it is a dream to tow. Can tow it at any speed and do not have to stop periodically to start engine like many others. :laugh: