Toad Wiring hook-up?

np551

My RV has a flat four wire plug and the new toad has four bare wires needing a plug. The wires on the RV and the toad are not the same colors. How do I make the hookup either usint the exdisting RV flat four plug or using a convential roun four wire plug?

Thanks for any help

Np551 :disapprove:

ARCHER

Toad Wiring hook-up?

When I wired mine, I determined which wire controlled what on the RV, then I determined what wires controlled what on the toad. Of course, you need to write the colors down so you can marry up the correct wires when you buy the plug to connect.
I contacted Winnebago and had them send me a wiring diagram so I knew what color controlled what before I tried to connect to my dolly. It was not that hard to get it all working correctly. If ya turn on the right turn signal and the left turn signal comes on on the toad......then ya did something wrong......haha :laugh: :) :cool: ;) Good luck
IN addition. One wire for brake lights, one wire for running lights, one wire for left turn and one wire for right turn signals, if I remember correctly.

Browzin

Toad Wiring hook-up?

quote:Originally posted by np551

My RV has a flat four wire plug and the new toad has four bare wires needing a plug. The wires on the RV and the toad are not the same colors. How do I make the hookup either usint the exdisting RV flat four plug or using a convential roun four wire plug?

Thanks for any help

Np551 :disapprove:

Try this web site http://www.towingworld.com/info/trailerwiring.htm
they have pictures and step by step inst. to guide you.
Browzin