Tote along tanks

thumbs

I'm thinkin about getting one of these tanks for dry camping. Has anyone used them? What size is the best? CW has the 32 gal.four wheeler on sale for 148. Can you really tow them to the dump station without a problem?

Thanks for the help

cougar28

Tote along tanks

I was thinking of buying one also.I have talked to couple of people that has been useing one for about a year.They say no problems towing to dump station.Said could not do without one now.

cougar28

Tote along tanks

The ones I've seen look just like those at CW.The guys I talked to had the 32gal 4wheel model.I don't know the brand I have always heard them called Tote Tanks.I use to see people with the smaller tanks before they came out with the towable type.

Kirk

Tote along tanks

I use one of the two wheel models that has a bar to attach to the ball on your hitch. Mine is a 15 gallon. I would not want to move one that was much more than 20 or so gallons. Keep in mind that water weighs about 8.6# per gallon so a 15 gallon tank will weigh around 125#.

There are two brands and they both seem to work just fine.

BarneyS

Tote along tanks

I have the 22gal with the hook for towing to the dump. I would not want one any bigger as it is a bear to get to the truck from the trailer.

cougar28

Tote along tanks

With the 25 & 32gal 4wheel models you don't have to lift it.Pulls like a wagon & dumps with wheels still on ground.Just because you have a 32gal dosen't mean you have to fill it full.But if need the extra you'll have it.

GLSmock

Tote along tanks

I've seen these pulled behind a pickup truck and also pulled by hand to the dump station :( :angry: GL