TOURING WASHINGTON DC

dennis1949

Re: TOURING WASHINGTON DC

We stayed at the Frederricksburg Va KOA and rode the VRE into town. Real nice park with friendly staff. Some people stay at Cherry Hill RV park in Maryland. To get around we walked and took the metro

utmtman

RE: TOURING WASHINGTON DC

We stayed in Virginia in an RV park and rode the subway into DC daily for a week. We did have to drive about five miles to the subway station but that was fine with us.

ARCHER

you can purchase all day passes for metro subway. only way to travel iin the city and the lines are all close to what you would want to see. and they are "clean" without painting on the walls.

DL Rupper

Cherry Hill Campground in Maryland is good, but pricey. It is on the bus line that will take you to the METRO. The METRO will take you to the center of D.C.

rjf7g

Even when traveling by car, I get around DC by metro and on foot. Parking is next to impossible or very expensive. Plus, the metro is a treat for the kids. I haven't camped in the DC area, so can't make any recommendations there.

onthecoach

As a native Washingtonian, I can tell you that's it really tough to stay close in. Very expensive at Cherry Hill...although it is the closest. I suggest looking in VA (Aquia has a nice CG) and taking the train/Metro into town. There is a KOA in NE Maryland, but it's kind of far out and not very close to buses and the Metro. As previously stated...parking is either non-existent or exhorbitantly expensive! You could pay MORE for parking for a day than you would for several days at a campground!!! Definitely try to go AFTER Labor Day!! All costs are lower at that point....although the Metro is quite pricey all the time!

Enjoy my hometown...it's a wild and beautiful place to grow up!!