Tow Bar

sherridanj

Hello, I am a newby. I have recently purchased a Class A Itasca Suncruiser and I wish to pull my 1995 Dodge Caravan. My question is what all do I need besides a tow bar? Is it better to go with a tow dolly? Thanx

Kirk

Tow Bar

If I am not mistaken, that van has front wheel drive and is not towable with no modification. You will either need to modify it or use a dolly with the front, driven wheels off of the ground. You can contact Remco to see if they have equipment to tow it on it's wheels. But the other part of the question is the weight. I don't know what that van weighs, but I suspect that it is more than that motorhome should be towing. You need to check the GCWR and from that subtract the actual weight of the Itasca when loaded for travel. That will tell you how much weight you can safely tow. Also, make sure that your hitch is rated for the amount of the total weight of the van and the dolly.

C Nash

Tow Bar

Remco offers a axle disconnect or transmision pump for the van which will allow 4 down towing. Like Kirk, I would be concerned about the weight and if you go the dolly route its weight also has to be counted in the GCWR.