Tow Brake system for Toad

sepisllib

Looking at the options - but I have to make a decision on what system I want to use before next April. I will be towing my 2001 Suburban 4 X 4 wheels down. I have heard numerous suggestions - Brake Buddy and on up to the Unified Tow Brake by U.S. Gear. Frankly I am leaning toward the US Gear one as it is non-invasive (you don't have tu cut into the brake lines and etc).

Anyone out there having experience - good, bad, ugly or otherwise with any of these systems?

Thank you in advance

God Bless and Merry Christmas to all

Bill & Judy

Gary B

Hi Bill, we had a Brake Buddy and towed approx 25000 miles with it and it worked flawlessly, it is so simple to set up and if you change toads it just moves on over simple as that. If we were to go back to a MH it would be a Brake Buddy again. There are many good systems and most all work good althought the Blue Ox Appollo has had problems and I would never ever consider one. You can go on e-bay and there a many Brake Buddies and others new & used, it maybe worth the time to check it out. Good luck. :) :laugh: :bleh: ;) :approve:

Kirk

I agree with Gary. That said though I can't help but wonder what you are towing with? I hope that it is a very large diesel pusher as very few motorhomes have a GCWR that would allow for towing a vehicle as heavy as that.

sepisllib

It's a 1993 Gulfstream TGourmaster 39 ft - has a gcvr of 26,000 - similar to the Holiday Rambler Endeavor.

Thanks to everyone

Merry Christmas

God Bless

Bill & Judy