Tow Vehciles for 5th Wheels

marg

My husband and I are selling our 21 year old 33 foot class A motor home and are interested in other RV options.

Are there any small ultralight 5th wheels that are made to tow behind a Nissan Frontier truck safely or do you have to have a full size truck?

Responses are appreciated!

Marg

hertig

Re: Tow Vehciles for 5th Wheels

I've seen some 'ultra small' fifth wheels, but don't know if the Frontier can handle them. Furthermore, I don't know if the part over the truck is big enough to be of real use.

Generally, a full size, 1/2 ton pickup is marginal for towing any solid trailer, and I suspect the Frontier is even more restricted.

I would consider a 'pop-up', particularly one with solid sides like the 'Alpine Chalet', an A-Frame.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Tow Vehciles for 5th Wheels

Like I said, on the other page where you asked the same question, you need to find out what the truck can handle. You should be able to look in the owners manual and get tow ratings from the manufacture.

I told you in the other posting about a 21' Ameri-Lite fifth wheel. You may be able to tow it, but the lightest on the market is probably the Scamp. They make tow behinds and small fifth wheels and they are very light.