Tow Vehicles

C Nash

Tow Vehicles

Hi Ray,
Never really heard that many knock the Dodge :) You know how it goes the ford and chevy people are gonna knock the dodge and vise versa. I had a 95 chevy dually turbo diesel and you should have heard the dodge and ford crowd laugh when I pulled in. Never had a bit of problem and always got there. never cared to race pulling something or get somewhere first except on the drag strip :laugh: Maybe they are just jelouse :disapprove:

Gary B

Tow Vehicles

Hi Ray, I have to agree with Chelse, I haven't heard many knock Dodges, I am a Ford man but ny daugther's got a Dodge and she says it'll beat the pants off my Ford :eek: (KIDS). Seriously if you like a Dodge and can make a deal, go for it. Good luck :)

alwarner

Tow Vehicles

Ray, I have the same promblem . I'm from michigan*(FORD AND GM COUNTRY )I am thinking about a one ton pick-up also and I can get a 3500 quad cab dually DODGE WITH THERE NEW DEISEL for $ 1,275.00 less then a FORD F-350 SUPER-CAB with single rear wheel WITH THERE NEW DIESEL. But everyone tells me the trade in value will be less and they frond when I mention I'm thinking about the DODGE. I don't know what to do either. This doesn't help you any ( BUT ) YOUR NOT ALONE.

cpo3

Tow Vehicles

Ray we were just talking about this subject the other day, personally I just haven't ever had good luck with Chrysler products but that was with there gasser's, but being and old steel hauler I can tell you theres nothing wrong with the Cummings engine, I think it will pull and run just as good as the Ford & GM equipped diesels.

Dave J

Tow Vehicles

take a ride in a newer gmc Diesel! see how ya like IT!! :approve: Me I am tradin for GMC QuadraSteer since my 5th wheel is small and lite!!

cowman

Tow Vehicles

Hi, Ray! I've had a 2001 dodge 2500 Turbo Diesel since February of 2001. It now has 57,000 miles on it, and I've done nothing to the thing except perform routine maintenance. I drive it to-and-from work each day, which is a 168-mile round trip, and consistantly get 19.5 to 22.3 miles-per-gallon of diesel. The tires are half worn, and there are no rattles, squeaks or other problems to report. I towed a 35-foot enclosed utility trailer (A-frame, bumper-pull type) to Oregon from L.A. with household furniture and belongings which weighed in at 7,500 pounds, and towed a Volvo 850 turbo on a dolly (a different trip) to the same place. The truck ran beautifully on both trips, and it got 14 miles per gallon. Maintenance is minimal, 'til 50,000 miles, when the Dodge Boys or a Cummins Engine repair facility need to check the injection system (timing, spray-pattern, etc., and adjust the valves). Cost for this is anywhere from $400.00 to $550.00, depending on who does it. So, the up-shot to the whole question is..... "Different Strokes For Different Folks!"..... Just an aside; My dad had a 1964 GMC V-6, 3/4-ton truck, made into a small flat bed, upon which he hauled phone books on pallets, weighing 2,500 pounds, for 15 years, and when he gave it to my sister to move to Tennessee, it had 636,000 miles on it, and never had anything more than brakes and a couple of clutches as repair items during that entire time. So, THEY'RE ALL GOOD!! Hope this helps.