Tow vehicles

brently

Hello all, Doing some research for towing vehicles. Some of my questions is what would be the best method of towing a light vehicle under 1600 pounds? Trailer, dolly or tow bar? Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a dolly for a 3 wheeled vehicle? How much does a towed vehicle affect fuel economy for the RV as far as the weight of towed vehicle? What is the predominant fuel at RV parks as far as propane or has anyone seen natural gas? Do campgrounds charge extra for additional vehicles on premise? Thanks in advance. :laugh:

C Nash

Re: Tow vehicles

Brent, I prefer towing 4 down but with the Eco-Fueler think I would ck into an enclosed trailer. If the rear wheels can be towed down it would probably be pretty easy to adapt a dolly to the one front wheel. Pretty interesting vehicle. Only problem wife would be a back seat driver :laugh: I tow a 4x4 chevy tracker 4 door and it does not affect or very little MPG but, I try to keep my speed at 55. Most parks have LP but some with yearly sites might have natural. Yes some campgrounds charge for extra vehicles. Some will even charge extra for the toad. :(

bazzer

Hi Brent & Chelse, I can't understand why anyone tows wheels down, I know lots of campers do it over there but apart from the drag factor, every mile you put on your RV your putting on your tow car, alot of campers over in europe tow trailers with car on, very little drag & no wear & tear to car, I know, "what do I do with the trailer when it isn't being used", I dont know do I, I'm just trying to help, I dont want to get into any arguments, you asked for the advice not me anyway I'm going now you've upset me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bazzer UK

C Nash

Bazzer really it's each to his own. Extra weight of the trailer is often putting you over the allowed tow limit. As you said where will I put it after disconnecting. Will have to but tag for trailer. How does a trailer cut drag? Most that have carring capacity for a car will have 4 wheels. Think my toad has four. The four wheels on the trailer will wear as will bearings. Engine not running on 4 down toad and trans not turning on most. Yep rear axle differental has same amount of miles. See it done all ways here. Sorry if we are upseting you :eek: :( :laugh:

bazzer

Chelse, I take your point on the weight ( might take you over the limit) but drag onthe tow vehcle especialy if it's a 4x4 must be a lot less,anyway you cant get round me with a few coloured emoticons, Bazzer. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: