Towing a car.

offwego_0208

I'm sorry if this is the wrong group to post it. We're new to RVing. Empty-nesters! We're trying to figure out how to camp\travel with our 2500HD Diesel GMC and truck camper AND haul our kayaks. We're thinking about purchasing a towing kit to haul our mid-size 2003 Buick Century and the kayaks on the car top rack. Any advice, comments, and\or suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

LEN

Re: Towing a car.

Sounds like a plan to me. that gives you the ability to use the Buick to get to the water sports or drop the slide-in and use the pickup. Plus I'll bet you could get a fitting to use the Buick's rack on the camper as well, I see this all the time. And remember you will need a braking system on the Buick, like the brake-buddie or similar.

LEN

H2H1

Hello Pat and welcome to the forum, I agree with Len, it sounds like you have a plan in place. Also think about the braking, remember what you are towing has got to stop when you do. so a good extra break system is what you will need. good luck and remember there is no such thing as dumb questions on this forum, everyone is on this forum is here to help each other out. BY THE WAY, be careful when you out on the water

offwego_0208

Thank you both (LEN) for the nice replies.. I think this is going to be a great forum. Do either of you have any suggestions in a particular BRAND for towing. I'm in Northeast Wisconsin. Green Bay area. Thank you again! Pat

H2H1

Hello Pat, yes go to Camper World they sell different type of breaks system YOU may be able to more answer here on this forum. LOOK fro GTS Grand Trailer Sales and e-mail Ken I am sure he can help also. HE IS ALSO ON THIS FORUM. GOD LUCK