Towing a Vehicle

kmoore

Good morning...I am new Motorhome owner (2001 Fleetwood Southwind) and would like to buy a tow bar and related equipment to pull my Jeep Wrangler.

Any suggestions?

I have heard that Blue Ox and Falcon Roadmasters are good options.

Also, I have been told that I need to buy the braking kit but I have also been told that it is not necessary. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

LEN

Re: Towing a Vehicle

Blue Ox or the Roadmaster are good options, either will do the trick. BRAKING A YES, you haven't lived until some poop pulls out in front of you or your brakes are fading halfway down the grade and no place to run or is that DIE.

LEN

C Nash

Kevin check out EBay for the tow bar. I got a great deal on a Falcon Roadmaster there. Been using it 7 years and no problem. If I get another I will look at the lighter weight. I would not tow without a breaking system on the toad. JMO Illeagle to not have braking in some states if above certaqin weight which the wrangler will probably fall under. I have the ready brake system which works and saved a disaster when the toad came loose in Canada. No problem because of the hitch or tow bar. Think someone had pulled the hitch pin at the last truck stop :( :angry:

H2H1

Hi Kevin, I have one on E Bay FOR SALE, it's a Road Master Eagle 8000 it takes a 2'' receiver hitch. It come with all safety chains and wiring to hook up the lights from the MH to the toad. PM me and I will make you a deal.

H2H1

Good point jack g ,,I have this in my bookmarks and I printed it out and now have it in my MH :laugh:

fishbreath

Thanks Kevin for the chart. Might as well be ready for most states. Looks like there are some real bad restrictions out on the east coast. Who wants to go to D>C> or Conn. anyways

C Nash

Just remember the state laws cang change with the wind. Just playing dump might work if you get a understanding trooper :laugh: Just depends if the state is in need of money which most are and ALL rvers are rich :(

H2H1

yea right Nash. If I was rich I would be driving a newer RV and taking more longer trips. :( :( :(