Towing experiences with a LEXUS RX-300...

Old Forum Post

[Lee] I&#039m considering buying a towable trailer and am concerned about my Lexus&#039 ability to handle it... I realize that it is on a car chassy, and I&#039m more than a little worried. Any advice/information?

Old Forum Post

[jmerritt] What is the tow rating for the vehicle? My guess is that you will be limited to a popup at best given the size of the vehicle.

Old Forum Post

[Scot] i used to tow a mid-size pop-up canper with an Oldsmobile 98, sixcylinder, front whell. Worked great but I had to put heavy duty springs on back and although I didn&#039t do it I would reccomend a cooling sytem on the transmission.

Old Forum Post

[TOM] THE GVW FOR LEXUS IS 3500 LBS.YOU SHOULD USE A WEIGHT
DISTRIBUTION HITCH TO TOW. I HAVE RX-300 AND HAVE BEEN
TOWING A ULTRA LITE FOR THE LAST YEAR. NO PROBLEMS!!!!

Old Forum Post

[Lee] Thanks for all of the information! TOM, your input has made me feel much better! I&#039ve done a lot of checking into the weight ordeal and feel MUCH better about it. I&#039ve been dealing w/ Longhorn Sales in Dallas and they seem to take EVERY precaution. I&#039ve taken the plunge on a 2001 Coleman 10&#039 Santa Fe... haven&#039t picked it up yet as the hitch has been ordered, but am so excited to take it out that I can hardly stand it! Thanks again!