Towing Hitches

roxrunner

My RV store where I bought my Fleetwood Wildernes Yukon 29BHS is selling me a hitch; they are pushing either the Reese or the Husky. I know they are adequate, which one is better?, are there any that are better thatn they are? I've heard about the Equalizer and the Hensley arrow, but I need to stay under $1000 for hitch kit and installation, any thoughts?

hertig

Towing Hitches

I have the Reese, and it is ok. If I were getting another hitch, I'd look for one which a) had an 'under bed mount' (those pesky rails are a real pain when the hitch is out) and b) had a solid bar the king pin rides against rather than the split jaw the Reese uses. Haven't had any problems, but it sure made me nervous...

Grandview Trailer Sa

Towing Hitches

Not talking about a 5th wheel John. If I had to choose between a Reese and a Husky, I would take the Reese. We sell a LOT of Reese products, but Eze Lift has just come out with a Load Leveling hitch that impresses me. The trunion is pivoting and greasable. You remove the bars by removing a pin and the sliping the bar out. You leave the grease in the head. Take a look at it before you buy anything. Remember, it is new, so make sure your dealer knows about it.

hertig

Towing Hitches

Oops, sorry. If I was going to pull a travel trailer, the first hitch I'd check out would be the Pull-Rite. Claims to 'pull like a fifth wheel', and seems it would be easier to hook up than a fixed hitch.