Towing Hitches

My RV store where I bought my Fleetwood Wildernes Yukon 29BHS is selling me a hitch; they are pushing either the Reese or the Husky. I know they are adequate, which one is better?, are there any that are better thatn they are? I've heard about the Equalizer and the Hensley arrow, but I need to stay under $1000 for hitch kit and installation, any thoughts?

hertig

Towing Hitches

I have the Reese, and it is ok. If I were getting another hitch, I'd look for one which a) had an 'under bed mount' (those pesky rails are a real pain when the hitch is out) and b) had a solid bar the king pin rides against rather than the split jaw the Reese uses. Haven't had any problems, but it sure made me nervous...

Towing Hitches

Not talking about a 5th wheel John. If I had to choose between a Reese and a Husky, I would take the Reese. We sell a LOT of Reese products, but Eze Lift has just come out with a Load Leveling hitch that impresses me. The trunion is pivoting and greasable. You remove the bars by removing a pin and the sliping the bar out. You leave the grease in the head. Take a look at it before you buy anything. Remember, it is new, so make sure your dealer knows about it.

hertig

Towing Hitches

Oops, sorry. If I was going to pull a travel trailer, the first hitch I'd check out would be the Pull-Rite. Claims to 'pull like a fifth wheel', and seems it would be easier to hook up than a fixed hitch.