Towing Package and 5er

OldTymer

Hello to all:

Does anyone have any input on status of the Ford Diesel 6.0. Looking to buy F250 long bed Diesel, but last I heard Ford was having significant problems with the 6.0 Diesel engine. Ford is suppose to reslove the problems in a major December overhaul of the 6.0. I've read of horror stories of buy backs, etc. Can anyone confirm? What are you all buying as a towing package and what are you staying away from?

Also, I'd like to have input from anyone on the 5ver models Sierra or Salem (32ft + or -). Looked at both at a RV show and they both looked like a maybe. However, I would appreciate any owners of those models giving me the the upsides or downsides of owning.

KrazyJay

Towing Package and 5er

I have a 2003 6.0L and the only problem I have is my wife thinks it is illegal to have that much fun while driving. I LOVE MY TRUCK.

Most of the existing problems were purportedly corrected by a reflash released earlier this month. The best guestimate that I have heard was problems in 10 - 15% of the early trucks, mine has a build date in 12-02. Those 10 - 15% just seem to be more vocal than those of us with no problems, as I would be too.

KrazyJay

Towing Package and 5er

I have a 2003 6.0L and the only problem I have is my wife thinks it is illegal to have that much fun while driving. I LOVE MY TRUCK.

Most of the existing problems were purportedly corrected by a reflash released earlier this month. The best guestimate that I have heard was problems in 10 - 15% of the early trucks, mine has a build date in 12-02. Those 10 - 15% just seem to be more vocal than those of us with no problems, as I would be too.