Towing tips

H2H1

Re: Towing tips

Hey Sean is it possible to add a picture or pictures of your hitch in the album section of the forum? This way we all can review them. thanks

Shadow

Sean, I seen a few hanging off 5th wheels before. So don't think it's a very big deal. I'm still young and spry so I just lift it on out. :laugh:

DL Rupper

Hey Sean, I'm sure that's how they do it. Never really thought about it before. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get the 4 pins out of the rails if there was any binding torque on them. I know sometimes mine are hard to get out with out anymore pressure than the base normally exerts on the rail. ;)

C Nash

When we had our 5th wheel I left it hanging. Just removed four pins and lifted it up with the trailer landing gear jack. Did have a bench that i lowered back down on so the weight would not be just left hanging on the front of the 5th wheel. Don't worry Shadow, your day is coming when you want be young and spry :eek: :laugh: Think you just had a birthday so it might be this YEAR :eek: :laugh:

C Nash

Sean, while I respect your post and opinions the pictures still seems like a lot of free advertisments. Are you or your company a sponsor of RVUSA. I have looked and cannot find if you are. While you have gave some great info on towing it all leads back to how much better your hitch is over others.

Sean Woodruff

C Nash, I agree. I can't help that the truth leads back to that can I? If you search in "Product Suppliers" I am there and I am getting a banner made in order to advertise as a Link Member and Product Feature Banner Ad based on the information Cindy Spencer sent me. I would rather have a picture of a production model hitch for those permanent ads. I think that would make more sense.

That said, I'm wondering if your cynicism toward my intentions in indicative of the membership here. If it is, I think you would agree that spending money to speak AT a prospective customer, rather than participate in a two way conversation, might not be a wise business decision. If I can't offer help and suggestions based on what I know to be the truth in the products available, without my intentions being questioned, why would it be any different with an ad?

Maybe I am being too sensitive and you are not questioning my intentions with your last post. If that is the case just ignore my rant here.

At any rate, I'll refrain from posting anymore until I have "bought my ticket" to be able to offer information that would help.

ARCHER

Actually, I don't care for "any" sales pitch of any kind on this forum. An opinion is fine, a sales pitch belongs somewhere else.

C Nash

Sean, my bad if you are indeed going to be a sponsor of RVUSA. Will be great to have you on board sharing your knowledge. I also think your signature along will let all know that you have a business without trying to sell it in your post. If you are a sponsor I also will have no problem with the picture post. We need to see a product if we are thinking of purchasing. If a poster wants advice about your product I have no problem with you answering if you are a sponsor. I think you have a lot of knowledge to offer the forum and if you are a sponsor and a member here on the forum you will get all the advertisement you want from members here which has been proved in other business that helps here on the forum and sponsors RVUSA. Juat a forum members opinion.

DL Rupper

Amen to that Chelese.
Sean you will figure us out after awhile. We are very opinionated. ;)

brodavid

bunch of nuts and sweet people with great advice working together.
love you all,
msjackie

Shadow

Heather, we haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well and your search is going well for that dream trailer. The guys miss Ya in the chat room :)

nomadmom

I miss everyone too. And yes, I even miss everyone in the chat room. I have been swamped in research for school. I'm finishing up my B.S. Psychology degree over the internet through Liberty University. Great School! I made Dean's List last year and was invited into Psi Chi, Psychology Honors Society this semester. Then it is off to nursing school.

But my search for an RV is not over!!! I have narrowed it down to a couple of models of TT because of the size of my family and the versatility.

I like what Sean had to post here. I'm sorry to say, but I think some were just picking on him a little too harshly. I went and checked out his web site and was already looking at the Hensley. So seeing some competition and selection in the market was refreshing.

We will be going with one of Sean's products or the Hensley. I am looking forward to getting into an RV just to keep our family close and have an escape from all the work my husband and I do on the mission field. It will be a great opportunity to get away and keep the family our number one priority.

But I am watching the price of gas creeping up....I don't know if we are going to be able to afford maintaining that luxury....

Any thoughts out there on that?

Heather

DL Rupper

Hey Heather, Congratulations on the Dean's list and the Honors Society.

I'm watching the price of diesel going up, up and away too. Not good.

I think maybe we scared Sean away. Too bad as he had some good input. he really should have been a little more versatile and joined in on some of the threads other than towing. I'm sure his experience with RVing and trailers wasn't just concentrated on the TOWING aspect. ;)

Shadow

Congratulations again Heather. Great accomplishments. The price of fuel is a concern for everyone. But what you going to do? Not travel or go camping? The fun you and your family will have is something you will not want to miss out on. If you buy the camper you will find a way.

G

shadow >>>> :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :bleh: ;)