Towing wgt.

edjoanbucko

I have a 2000 Silverado chev w/a 4.8 V-8 Eng. and a 3.73 rearend and a heavyduty hall/tow package and I want to buy a 25' Fleetwood Terry at 4900 lbs with a tung wgtbof 541 lbs dose anyone know if this is in the limit of the 2000 Silverado. someone please reply.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Towing wgt.

I don't know, but your owners manual will have the tow ratings for your truck. If you don't have the manual, a dealer could help you.

My feeling is your truck should be OK with 4900lb.

hertig

Towing wgt.

That is a pretty small engine, but then that is a pretty light trailer. I'd say your biggest worry would be not exceeding the GVWR or RAWR (rear axel weight rating) of the truck. Should not be a problem unless you've got it loaded up good with stuff and/or passangers. Usually a good idea to weight the truck total and rear axel, loaded with all stuff and people ready to travel. Then you will know if that 541 pounds you want to add to the truck/rear axel will be a problem. There is a thing called a weight distributing hitch which allegedly transfers some of the weight to the front axels, which may be an option if you are close on the rear axel weight.