Toy Hauler - Coachman

sunco

RE: Toy Hauler - Coachman

I ordered a 5.5 onan generator but they said it won't fit. the 4.0 fits. Any suggestions?

DL Rupper

Re: Toy Hauler - Coachman

I have an Onon Emerald 4.0 and it powers my 30 foot 5'er just fine. I have a 15,000 BTU air conditioner that the Onon 4.0 handles ok. I don't run my microwave, air conditioner, and electric water heater at the same time, but my 30 amp service would probably trip the breaker. You didn't elaborate on what type appliances you intended to run with the generator or if the RV is 30 or 50 amp.
If it were me, I would buy 2 Honda portable eu2000iA generators and buy the parallel power kit . You would save money & space, have just as much power, and have the capability to run just 1 smaller generator and save fuel. :approve:

sunco

RE: Toy Hauler - Coachman

Thanx DL, here's what I got, They did stick in the 5.5 Onan Its tight & looks great. Won't have to worry about someone stealin that ;) The have a 30 & a 25 amp breaker. The 30 is for all thats in the hauler- yeah frig, micro,TV, blow dryer,ac unit, lights ,outlets. The other 25 is a deadicated outlet for the compressor or anything else. I know it uses more fuel :disapprove: but I have a 30 gas tank for fueling the qauds etc..... Also 60 gallons /LBS of LP up front. The other was its 67db vs. the 66db on the 4.0. I am happy with my choice but naturally at a cost. I'm trying to do a nice job the 1st time rather than wishing I had done something else later. I just brought the hauler home this Sunday am @ 5, we left SC @ 3:30 pm saturday & drove strait thru. Our 1st big trip is @ the end of the month ,but since I'm a newbie to the TT game we're gonna take it out for a quick overniter somewhere. I'll let ya know how it goes. I enjoy the forums. Thanx for the reply.